Windows 10: Questions about Drives and how to save ...please help

Discus and support Questions about Drives and how to save ...please help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus Rog Strix GL703GE and am having problems, specs are below for the drives... [ATTACH]and am wanting to use my D drive for games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M.E.O, Feb 26, 2020.

1. M.E.O Win User

Questions about Drives and how to save ...please help

I have an Asus Rog Strix GL703GE and am having problems, specs are below for the drives...

Questions about Drives and how to save ...please help f4d8d0e9-8d87-4ad3-98ab-9227b1c94333?upload=true.png and am wanting to use my D drive for games and things as it would make sense with 1tb of availability there. I have no idea how to do this....I created an empty folder in the D drive and was able to save my .exe file to it but when I click on run it auto defaults to the C: drive which is not the option I want.

I have no idea after days of trying and searching to figure this out....can someone please help me....what is the point in all that space if I can't use it, and I will be honest, one game is taking up all those GB's in the C drive so I am hoping to start using the d drive and delete that game from C drive as I can't play the game now as I can't update it due to space restrictions.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated - this can't be this tough really!

:)

M.E.O, Feb 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 app saving to drives

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Questions about Drives and how to save ...please help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Questions about Drives and how to save ...please help

1. Questions about Drives and how to save ...please help - Similar Threads - Questions Drives save

2. Question about thumbnail cache save locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about thumbnail cache save locations: Hi all,I recently created a symbolic hard link from my "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" folder to a folder on an external drive, so the thumbnail cache would be saved there.I noticed just now that I had disconnected that drive, and because of that the...
  3. Question about saving files to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about saving files to my computer: Hey all, I'm an armature photographer so being able to manage my files is important to me, and for the last couple weeks I have had no issue doing so, but today I was alerted that I was out of OneDrive storage. I do not want to save my files in OneDrive, I would like to...
  4. Question about Windows "Save As" dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows "Save As" dialog boxes: [ATTACH] Does anyone know if/how it's possible to have the navigation pane default to the top of the list, which is where all my most used favorites are pinned? This is the standard browse window called by most (all?) windows applications. In this particular case it's...
  5. Question about cloning a drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about cloning a drive: Hi, I am wanting to do a fresh install of Windows 10 pro, i have a ton of Music related applications that i would rather not go through the process of reinstalling and activating etc etc Could i clone my C drive (that's my OS drive) and then do a fresh install of Windows 10...
  6. Questions about TRIM for drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about TRIM for drive: Hiya. So I have perhaps an unusual situation. My computer has C: and D: drive. The D: drive is an exact backup clone of C: drive for instant recovery purposes (All my computers have been set up this way for over 15 years). I'm using Macrium Reflect that updates the clone by...
  7. Please help me save my Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help me save my Hard Drive.: I am somewhat knowledgeable about computers to about an intermediate level. Just enough to get myself into trouble. I don't usually reach out for help but I'm at a critical point and might lose my HD. Long story but I will try to be brief. So I have a Dell 8300 XPS that I...
  8. A question about USB drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A question about USB drives: Hey, Don't know if this a dumb question or not but I'm asking just because I'm curious. Deleted data still stays on a drive, right? At least until it's overwritten by another thing? When I plug a flash drive or even a phone via USB in a PC and delete a file from there, is...
  9. Question about Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Recovery Drive: I have a primary drive which is 500 GB - I would like to split it so that I can use half for OS and half for data. I made a recovery USB (before I split the drive) and I would like to know that if I restore whether the disk partition will go back to how it was when the...
  10. Question about saving to Documents and other folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about saving to Documents and other folders: Upgraded last night and am slowly working through minor issues. One thing that's confusing me - my username is supposed to be in the Administrator group on my computer, but my settings seem to be connected to the Home User group instead. I first discovered this when I...