Windows 10: Questions about FancyZones (maximizing windows)

Discus and support Questions about FancyZones (maximizing windows) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just set up a secondary monitor in portrait and configured FancyZones to allow me to snap to the top and bottom halves on it. When you override the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/obieibo, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Questions about FancyZones (maximizing windows)

I just set up a secondary monitor in portrait and configured FancyZones to allow me to snap to the top and bottom halves on it. When you override the Win + Left/Right arrow keys, there are a couple situations I have questions about:

• Windows + Up arrow doesn't maximize a screen anymore. I've gotten around this by getting used to the CTRL + Win + ALT + Direction to combine the window with whatever adjacent zone effectively functioning like maximizing a window. Is this the only way?
    • When I have a window maximized on a screen, is there a way to instantly go back to half of the screen? Is there a way to get Windows to ask me what I'd like to fit on the other half like it did before?
    submitted by /u/obieibo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/obieibo, Dec 4, 2020

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2020
  3. How to remove PC SPEED MAXIMIZER ?

Follow the instructions here.
    Remove PC Speed Maximizer (Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or cannot be removed there, skip to the next step. HitmanPro may not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Questions about FancyZones (maximizing windows)

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Questions about FancyZones (maximizing windows)

1. Questions about FancyZones (maximizing windows) - Similar Threads - Questions FancyZones maximizing

2. Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fancyzones: Some apps not snapping: ENV: Windows 10 21H2, PowerToys: v0.62.1Description: While most of the apps can be snapped to a particular zone, there are other apps like Quicken that do not respond to Zone snapping when you hold Shift key.Questions:- Can I configure something in FancyZones to allow for...
  3. Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?: I have a question about FancyZone in PowerToyz. Where should I post my quesation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-powertoys-fancyzones-community-where-to/ab80f0de-ca36-4e86-9d71-fcc58b9ffbed
  4. Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?: I have a question about FancyZone in PowerToyz. Where should I post my quesation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-powertoys-fancyzones-community-where-to/ab80f0de-ca36-4e86-9d71-fcc58b9ffbed
  5. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  6. FancyZones custom zone resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FancyZones custom zone resolution: Is there a way to set a custom dimension/resolution for a zone. Like with numeric input, which I cannot find it in the user interface. Or at least if someone knows in what registry key or some settings file I can find that to manually edit it. I wish to create accurate...
  7. Powertoys - Multiple fancyzone layouts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powertoys - Multiple fancyzone layouts: Hello - I'm a long time powertoys user. I recently moved to an ultrawide 32:9 monitor and use the fancyzones utility to help me create custom window "snap" zones to divide my monitor into 3 areas. However, I was hoping to find an ability to switch fancyzones layouts with a...
  8. Question About a File in Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question About a File in Windows: I Found A file in C/users/<username>/appdata/local named recently-used.xbel Whats This Can u please tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-a-file-in-windows/e9500079-af96-4dda-88a4-0483da26e62c
  9. Questions about windows features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Questions about windows features: I have a few questions about windows features. What is ready boost and how does it work? What would happen if I have to replace the device that I am using for ready boost? Does windows warn me if a device I am using for ready boost is about to fail? Does windows warn me...
  10. Question about windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about windows 10: I just ordered parts for a new computer and now need to get windows 10. Does it have a free trial period? Can i just make a usb install and then buy it after i'm online? 40126