Windows 10: Questions about few things on if i create two account on my PC

Discus and support Questions about few things on if i create two account on my PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have created two accounts on my pc. One has Administrative Privileges and other has user type-Child(account with many constraints like screen time,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ShivamKumar6, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Questions about few things on if i create two account on my PC

I have created two accounts on my pc. One has Administrative Privileges and other has user type-Child(account with many constraints like screen time, content viewing etc.). I have few question, i will list them below-

1. Which parts of the PC will be sharable between two acccounts like if one has create or downloaded some files and has stored in drive or my document or any other places , where it will be sharable between two or more accounts.

2. If some one delete files from sharable location will it gets deleted from all accounts or anyone can delete files from any account.

3. If i installed Some softwares in Child account will it be also installed on ther accounts like administrator.

:)

ShivamKumar6, Nov 1, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Questions about few things on if i create two account on my PC

Unable to create account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to access this option?
    • Do you have any other accounts that you are able to login?
    Try to Enable the Hidden Admin account:

From Login Screen try the below steps.

• On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down
      while you select Power > Restart
      (in the lower-right corner of the screen).

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options >
    • Click on Command Prompt, type the command and click
      enter.

• net user Administrator /active:yes
      (there is a space after administrator)
    Restart the computer to login to admin account
    and then create new user account and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Questions about few things on if i create two account on my PC

1. Questions about few things on if i create two account on my PC - Similar Threads - Questions few things

2. Few things will work on PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Few things will work on PC: Hi, I’m not really sure how long this issue has been going on for because it started in some apps before others, Basically for awhile my minecraft launcher will not respond to uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing, etc. First case of me noticingBecause of a native launcher...
  3. Few things will work on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Few things will work on PC: Hi, I’m not really sure how long this issue has been going on for because it started in some apps before others, Basically for awhile my minecraft launcher will not respond to uninstalling, reinstalling, repairing, etc. First case of me noticingBecause of a native launcher...
  4. Few things will work on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. quick question about some things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    quick question about some things: So I'm a little worried to why Microsoft Store is running in task manager and why Mail and Microsoft Store are using GPU I know its not using any since it says zero % but just a little curious...
  6. A question about controlling sizes of things...

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about controlling sizes of things...: Greetings! Recently for some unknown reason, everything changed size as far as icons, text and app sizes. The overall text in my Mozilla Thunderbird app got smaller. Everything in Photoshop changed. Where I had dark themes changed back to light themes but most of all the...
  7. Question about creating a computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about creating a computer.: I was planning on creating a simple computer that could run Windows 10. I am planning out all of my parts right now and got confused about how it could run Windows 10. I don't have a lot of experience yet, so I appreciate any support. Is there a Windows 10 OS inside one...
  8. A few questions about using and creating wim files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A few questions about using and creating wim files: I have a few questions about wim/winpe/imagex. Is there a way to create a .WIM file for a windows installation that has already been created. Im basically wanting to (for now) create a .wim file that I can install as a sort of custom "factroy image restore" I understand doing...
  9. A few questions about using and creating wim files

in Windows 10 Support
    A few questions about using and creating wim files: ACCIDENTAL DUPLICATE.. SORRY. I have a few questions about creating .WIM files. Can you use DISM to create a .WIM on an already installed partition from the usb windows installer. Or must you use WINDOWS PE and imagex or run it before windows is actually installed. It seemed...
  10. A few questions about using and creating wim files

in Windows 10 Support
    A few questions about using and creating wim files: I have a few questions about wim/winpe/imagex. Is there a way to create a .WIM file for a windows installation that has already been created. Im basically wanting to (for now) create a .wim file that I can install as a sort of custom "factroy image restore" I understand doing...