Windows 10: Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)?

Discus and support Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, i have the HP 17-ca1216ng and according to the manufacturer it is stated to have a power consumption of 45 watts, i assume that this is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ellpeg, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Ellpeg Win User

Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)?

Hello,

i have the HP 17-ca1216ng and according to the manufacturer it is stated to have a power consumption of 45 watts, i assume that this is in desktop mode.

Question 1) But how much power does it draw when you watch videos on Youtube or specially downloaded videos, e.g. from OTR ?

Question 2) I want to use the laptop as a second desktop PC and remove and store the battery. What is the best way to do this so that the battery is not damaged over time?

Question 3) How can I find out if the laptop has a protection against deep discharge? What is the technical term for this protection? I have almost no experience with laptops.

Thanks

:)

Ellpeg, Jul 10, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)?

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)?

1. Questions about laptops (how to store the battery, viewiel power it draws under full load, etc)? - Similar Threads - Questions laptops store

2. Question about Power Toys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Power Toys: I'm trying to use the Awake feature in Power Toys. I have it set up to start up at Windows 11 Startup. It's set up to delay sleep for 3 hours after startup. I suppose this will only work once. I want to repeat this delay at a later hour, say at 6 PM the same day. How can this...
  3. Question about Power Toys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Power Toys: I'm trying to use the Awake feature in Power Toys. I have it set up to start up at Windows 11 Startup. It's set up to delay sleep for 3 hours after startup. I suppose this will only work once. I want to repeat this delay at a later hour, say at 6 PM the same day. How can this...
  4. Question about C: drive is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about C: drive is full: I have a Dell computer with an SSD drive and 1T HD. I was just reading this post from Feb 2020 and need some help with the same issue as the poster from this thread had. This is the thread I am referring...
  5. Laptop Battery Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery Question: With the Newer Bios Update on my HP Omen 15_ce019dx, finally turned on battery care--80 percent, well in Windows shows 79 percent available? Should i re calibrate battery? or is that normal, and nothing to worry on. 183544
  6. Battery and Power Question for laptops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery and Power Question for laptops: If I were to set the "when I close the lid" setting to do nothing, but set the "Hibernate after this amount of time" to 10 min. Will the computer hibernate after the 10 min if I shut the lid? Or will it continue to run? Basically I want to be able to shut the lid but if I...
  7. Question about power settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about power settings.: So my friend was showing me in his control panel that he has a setting that i think is called performance boosted mode, instead of the high performance mode that I have on my control panel. He said it is a new feature since he got it after he updated windows, but after I...
  8. Question about full restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about full restore: I bought a new computer my previous one was quite old so I'm a bit behind the technology but the computer didn't come with a full restore DVD or CD. How do I do a full restore on my computer if a hacker manages to get through my firewall software? Do I ask for a copy from the...
  9. Hibernation, Battery Questions, Sleep, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation, Battery Questions, Sleep, etc.: As you all know, I have my new HP Laptop. If I am not around it long enough, it goes into hibernation mode. I really don't like it to hibernate because when I try to wake it up from hibernation, it won't wake up by the press of the (ENTER) button. I have to press the (POWER)...
  10. Question About Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question About Battery: Hello, I have a HP Notebook running Windows 10, and I have issues with the battery. My laptop works fine when plugged in, but when I insert the battery, it says “plugged in, not charging.” I think the cause is that I left my computer plugged in all the time without the...