Windows 10: Questions about macrium

Discus and support Questions about macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I usually use Windows in built image software but it's slow. So I am trying macrium. It's so much quicker. But when I select my discs to image I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Scottyboy99, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Questions about macrium

I usually use Windows in built image software but it's slow. So I am trying macrium. It's so much quicker. But when I select my discs to image I can only select my main Windows SSD and its affiliated partitions. It's under GPT1. I have a larger internal mechanical 3 tb drive for data (J drive) under GPT 2 which I want to image at the same time in one hit. But I cannot select that too, it seems I have to do these separately. Is that correct?

What if my whole system went wrong? Presume I'd only be able to restore the main c: drive first . How would I then restore the contents of the larger J: data drive? I'd be worried restoring J: after getting c: up and running could cause corruption and my windows to be overwritten.

sorry for the questions, it's just confused me. On Windows in built image you can just image all available drives and it's an easy restore from the Windows cd to restore the image. Macrium seems to have two steps. Maybe because it's the free version?

:)

Scottyboy99, Jul 14, 2016
  2. BruceTR Win User

Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

I'm using Macrium Reflect Free. Macrium doesn't provide support for the Free version. If they did, I'd be asking Macrium my question.

Macrium does offer a KB and a Forum. The Forum is view-only unless you own a paid version. You cannot post questions without owning a paid version.

In searching the KB and Forum, I could not find an answer to my question. Thus, I came here.

BruceTR, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Error 0x807800C5 Backup failure on Windows 10

Thank you, I just took a quick look on Macrium i'll obviously try do back up later, last question please, seems that Macrium also offer protecting / or encrypting the
    external hard drive with password? Is it free or paid?

Robert_495, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Questions about macrium

This is what I mean. I can select the top one and then have to move to the bottom one and create a new separate image
    Questions about macrium [​IMG]

Scottyboy99, Jul 14, 2016
  5. That happens when you select to create a backup that will create a image of the partitions to be able to restore windows BUTTON.

If you select "Image selected disks on this computer" and make sure every partition on your SSD is selected, and your data drives that you want to backup, you will be good to go for restoring windows + any other partition from the same image backup.

I have the pretty much the same configuration on my system. I've tested it - it works. But you got to make sure all partitions are selected.

storageman, Jul 14, 2016
  6. Ah ok. Thank you. As I've already done each separately now can I still use them rather than start again? So if I have a system meltdown then I restore C first and then after Windows is bootable then select my I drive image to restore that drive with all the data and games ? Or will that cause problems/not work ?

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Questions about macrium

1. Questions about macrium - Similar Threads - Questions macrium

2. Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi. I hope this doesn't sound dumb but I created a Macrium Rescue Media on a USB stick and also on the Boot menu. Am I correct in assuming that there is no problem with doing this as now I would have the option of using the USB stick in the event that I can't boot into...
  3. Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi. I hope this doesn't sound dumb but I created a Macrium Rescue Media on a USB stick and also on the Boot menu. Am I correct in assuming that there is no problem with doing this as now I would have the option of using the USB stick in the event that I can't boot into...
  4. Macrium ivBoot Backup Virtual Machine Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium ivBoot Backup Virtual Machine Question: I'm new to using ivBoot so, I'm wondering about using the Backup Virtual Machine menu item. Does that create a backup file that's independent of the images that were used to create the VM (the VM is of a multi-boot system with a number of disks) or does it update the...
  5. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  6. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I apologize because the question I'm about to ask was basically answered in a previous post by me but I'd like to be very clear on this. If I make a full backup image with Macrium then let's say a week later I make a differential backup. If at some point I want to restore...
  7. Simple Macrium Reflect question - I think

Simple Macrium Reflect question - I think: I can't get logged onto the Macrium support forum so hopefully somebody here can help me with this annoying but trivial question. I have created shortcuts for my various backup routines but when I click on one of these it does run but nothing appears on the desktop to...
  8. Macrium backup question

Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  9. Macrium backup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  10. Question about using Macrium Reflect

Question about using Macrium Reflect: Hi. I'll be making a system image using Macrium Reflect for the first time. I will backup the Windows (C) Drive, Windows RE Tools and the EFI System Partitions. I'd like to know if I should also backup the Recovery Drive (D). Thanks in advance for any replies. Note that I did...