Windows 10: questions about media center discontinued

Discus and support questions about media center discontinued in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. if microsoft no longer ships media center with windows 10 and after, does MS still provide customer support for Windows 8.1 Media Center until jan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lazerdragon5534, Nov 24, 2022.

1. questions about media center discontinued

1. if microsoft no longer ships media center with windows 10 and after, does MS still provide customer support for Windows 8.1 Media Center until jan 10 2023?2. Will extracting Media Center files from Win8 to Win 10/11 and setting compatibility mode for Windows 8 work?

:)

lazerdragon5534, Nov 24, 2022

2. Microsoft's discontinued Media Center suite can now unofficially...

Hmm, not quite. There is some leftover's in windows > ehome.

Then it is still listed in quick access and I think it would install it again from there if clicked on.
    If I remove it from quick access do you think it will actually be gone ?

questions about media center discontinued [​IMG]

questions about media center discontinued [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Nov 24, 2022
  3. labeeman Win User
    Microsoft's discontinued Media Center suite can now unofficially...

Source

labeeman, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Law-II Win User

questions about media center discontinued

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

questions about media center discontinued

1. questions about media center discontinued - Similar Threads - questions media center

2. Question about Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows Media Player.: Hello Microsoft, for some reason, my Windows Media Player/Windows Media Player Legacy won't play movies on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-media-player/8e2c21fb-f1bd-4f17-8ecf-79be6ff2ca94
  3. Question about Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows Media Player.: Hello Microsoft, for some reason, my Windows Media Player/Windows Media Player Legacy won't play movies on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-media-player/8e2c21fb-f1bd-4f17-8ecf-79be6ff2ca94
  4. questions about media center discontinued

in Windows 10 Gaming
    questions about media center discontinued: 1. if microsoft no longer ships media center with windows 10 and after, does MS still provide customer support for Windows 8.1 Media Center until jan 10 2023?2. Will extracting Media Center files from Win8 to Win 10/11 and setting compatibility mode for Windows 8 work?...
  5. Some questions about Windows Recovery Media.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some questions about Windows Recovery Media.: I will get to the point straight. I have some questions about Windows Installation Media. Q.1 If I created the installation media in a 32 GB thumb drive and my system only needed a 8 GB thumb drive, can I partition that thumb drive and use it for other purposes? I presume...
  6. Question About Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question About Windows Media Player: Hi! I was just wondering...i recall that when i ran Windows 7, there was a graphic equalizer you could access in Windows Media Player...I am using the player on Windows 10 since switching over, but i cannot seem to find the Graphic Equalizer. Is there still one in the...
  7. Question about amd catalyst control center

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about amd catalyst control center: Hello After upgrading my laptop to window 10, i lost amd catalyst control center, i really need this app to switch between amd and intel GPU Manually any advice please 78954
  8. Question About Action Center Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About Action Center Icon: Hey, Every now and then my Action Bar Icon in the Task Bar will switch from the normal rectangle with lines inside to the same thing except now there is a small circle in the lower right hand corner. If I click it the Action Center comes up like it normally would. Just...
  9. Question about media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about media creation tool: Hello guys. I have just downloaded media creation tool from MS. File version says 10.0.15063.0 Is this the correct version for CU? Can I download the ISO and upgrade my current Anniversary Update? 81291
  10. Microsoft's discontinued Media Center suite can now unofficially...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's discontinued Media Center suite can now unofficially...: Windows Media Center was an entertainment system software that originally arrived on Windows XP. After XP, the media suite was subsequently included in Windows Vista and Windows 7. But, when Windows 8 arrived, the suite was no longer included and required a separate purchase....