Windows 10: Questions about moving back to windows fulltime from a dual boot Windows/Linux setup.

Discus and support Questions about moving back to windows fulltime from a dual boot Windows/Linux setup. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Finally tired of dealing with linux on my laptop and have some questions about reinstalling windows. In the process of dual booting I moved partitions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/swagglepuf, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Questions about moving back to windows fulltime from a dual boot Windows/Linux setup.

Finally tired of dealing with linux on my laptop and have some questions about reinstalling windows. In the process of dual booting I moved partitions around and resized other partitions and deleted the reserve partition. I want to go back to a standard windows 10 partition set up. While my system runs well and presents no issue currently. I feel that eventually I will run into an issues that will required a reinstall due to my tinkering. The main question is I want to create the recovery usb using my current install. This is due to the massive amount of drivers and other programs the asus rog computers come pre installed with.

The question is how do I create this recovery to have all the asus rog specific stuff. Is it as simple and selecting checking the box to include the system files? Can I even create a recovery usb that will have all the asus specific drivers. I have complete system image back of my windows install but that just installs the system like it was when I created it.

Given all the fucking around I have done with windows partitions and other things. Would it be best to just do a vanilla install and go through the annoying process of reinstall all the asus specific drivers. I have done that once and really don't want to do it again because it is rather time consuming.

I also have 2 nvme ssd's in this laptop. Is there a way to automatically set it up to where when the first drive is full things automatically install on the second hard drive?

submitted by /u/swagglepuf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/swagglepuf, Aug 23, 2020

2. dual booting Windows and Linux

I was wondering if theres a way when dual booting Windows 7 and Linux Mint, to have it boot Windows by default and possibly not show the GRUB menu, and if I press a certain key, have it boot linux instead?

Is this even possible?

speedy11131, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Musings about Dual Booting Linux & Windows, HELP!

Hi roadie133

Were there any steps attempted to setup the dual boot with the Linux and Windows 10 as described in the article?

Andre for Directly, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Questions about moving back to windows fulltime from a dual boot Windows/Linux setup.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Questions about moving back to windows fulltime from a dual boot Windows/Linux setup.

1. Questions about moving back to windows fulltime from a dual boot Windows/Linux setup. - Similar Threads - Questions moving fulltime

2. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  3. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  4. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question about Linux

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question about Linux: Hi, I often heard rumors that Linux is better than Windows, is this true? As far as I know, Most Linux distributions have better security than Windows. Linux may be difficult to use for install apps and for command lines. Thanks very much...
  6. Questions about dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Questions about dual monitor setup: hello, I'm new to windows and I just have a couple of questions. currently, I have my laptop and a monitor set up side by side with my laptop kinda being used as a second monitor and it seems to be working but there's just some stuff I'm unsure about 1 when I hide my...
  7. How to uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup: [ATTACH]You may have installed Ubuntu or any other Linux distro on your PC alongside […] This article How to uninstall Linux in Windows 10 Dual Boot setup first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Musings about Dual Booting Linux & Windows, HELP!

Musings about Dual Booting Linux & Windows, HELP!: I have been a machine tool programmer for nearly 40 years, coming from an old school background where we did all the required geometry and trig with a calculator and scratch pad. I did not begin to consider language coding until I began to understand that my value in the...
  9. Dual boot Windows with Linux

Dual boot Windows with Linux: Is there a tutorial here (I didn't find, so maybe in another place there's a good tutorial?) on how to be able to install both Linux and Windows 10 on my laptop's hard drive? So that when I restart my laptop I will be able to choose from either Windows 10 or Linux? I did...
  10. Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?

Questions about dual booting Windows 8 and 9?: Hi I'm planning to create a new 120 Gigabyte partition on the internal hard drive that doesn't have Windows 8 on it and then installing Windows 9 in it. I've done this several times in the past, with XP and 7, then 7 and 8, but not since the change to the UEFI bios....