Windows 10: Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account

Discus and support Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings, I hope everyone is well. I have a 2 part question and problem I originally purchased a new computer 2 years ago with windows 7 around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarcusBanks2, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account

Greetings, I hope everyone is well.

I have a 2 part question and problem

I originally purchased a new computer 2 years ago with windows 7 around the time I purchased windows 7 microsoft was offering a free update to windows 10, which I took advantage of and upgraded.

-I've had a hotmail/outlook account for years I'm talking over 10 years and recently that account has been locked I've filled out the form to try and get the issue resolved because, after I was sent a text to reset my password 5 minutes later the account was locked again and so I was required to fill out the form now i'm still waiting for help. That leads me to my next issue

When I made the update to Windows 10 my digital license was linked to the now locked email, so even If I wanted to I can't remove my digital license from that account.

My concern is that something happens to my pc and then I'm unable to get my access to windows 10 back, due to my account being locked. On the off chance I'm not able to get my account of 10+ years back is there a way I can associate my digital license with a different microsoft account being that I can't log in to the other one. So that I can still have access to windows 10 in the event something happens to my pc?

This issue has literally caused me to lose sleep for days. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot!

:)

MarcusBanks2, Mar 23, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account [​IMG]

MCardona81, Mar 23, 2020
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

I'm having the same issue.

But I also have a device named "PC" in the device list now. It's just PC. I guess it appeared after the Anniversary update.

Before the update, I could see my computer on the MSA device list, even though I've been using local account. But now it appears only if I login to W10 using my Microsoft account. If I switch to local account, it disappears. But the "PC" stays there whether I use MSA or local acc.

So what's that "PC"? Any ideas?

It's also not cool that MS forcing people to use MS account to login their PCs. Activated devices were always in the device list even if you use local account before that so called update.

supertramp, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account

1. Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Questions Digital License

2. A question about microsoft account linked windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about microsoft account linked windows license: Hello! I want to install Windows 8.1 on my old laptop but will it use the license from my MS account when i log in? Thanks for the response....
  3. A question about microsoft account linked windows license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about microsoft account linked windows license: Hello! I want to install Windows 8.1 on my old laptop but will it use the license from my MS account when i log in? Thanks for the response....
  4. About digital license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About digital license.: I've got a digital license for windows 10 for fully free! I got it by troubleshooting. After this activation with the troubleshooter at activation in settings, I never had to activate my windows again. Even I don't know what is my activation key? When I saw it, I was totally...
  5. Question about digital license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about digital license: Hello, so recently I decided to upgrade a 4 year old pre-built PC my brother gave me last year. I plan on changing almost every part on the PC(including the motherboard.) I was able to link my Microsoft account to the digital license. My concern is, since it was a pre-built,...
  6. A question about digital licenses

A question about digital licenses: Hey, If I activate Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with a digital license linked to account, why am I able to retain Windows 10 Pro if I reset the laptop and use the generic windows key for pro? Is Windows Pro baked in to the motherboard? Thanks submitted by /u/brybery21...
  7. About Digital License

About Digital License: So i have linked my windows 10 with my microsoft account. But I want to reinstall the windows 10 on same hardware so for that i want to see which version of windows 10 is linked to my account Pro, Home, Education, Enterprise? how should I know which one is linked to mine?...
  8. Digital license and Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Digital license and Microsoft account.: So here is the thing. I have a Windows 10 Home Single Language Digital license. I linked it with my Microsoft account. But it was on my hard drive. Now I bought an SSD and gave my device to a local store for replacing and clean installing windows 10. Somehow they installed...
  9. Microsoft Account Digital License?

Microsoft Account Digital License?: Hey, I wanted to ask how I know if my Microsoft account (which is specified as Admin in the Windows settings -> Accounts) has a Digital WIndows license, which I can use again on a new PC. Microsoft Konto Digitale Lizenz?
  10. Question about licenses and Microsoft accounts

Question about licenses and Microsoft accounts: If my system says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", will it still reactivate if I reinstall without the MS account? submitted by /u/andrew_982_ [link] [comments]...