Windows 10: Questions about PotPlayer and Audio Player Recommendations

Discus and support Questions about PotPlayer and Audio Player Recommendations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Could I please get some recommendations for audio players? Some reading suggests that VLC is not optimized for audio. PotPlayer seems to be highly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bamajon1974, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Questions about PotPlayer and Audio Player Recommendations

Could I please get some recommendations for audio players? Some reading suggests that VLC is not optimized for audio. PotPlayer seems to be highly recommended but unfortunately the installers are bundled with adware. In fact, I contacted PotPlayer customer support asking why ads are bundled and if ad-free binaries would be provided. I received poorly translated, briefly uninformative answers amounting to "there is not exist" and "that is company's law", respectively as answers.

Anyway, are there privacy issues with PotPlayer? What about the various MPC players? There seem to be several in distribution, some updated, some not. Any recommendations there? I remember that codec packs were not recommended in the past. Is that still the case now?

Thanks in advance!

:)

bamajon1974, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Looking for Audio Player Recommendations

@JOSHSKORN

1. I have no idea why it starts on the same song, unless you're resuming previous playlists or not closing the player completely.

2. I'm not aware of any way to show more information in WMP 'Now Playing' mode, with the exception of "Windows Media Player Taskband", (which still works in Windows 10, btw), which shows info for a short period of time on mouse hover.
    Enable WMP Taskband:
    Windows Media Player Taskband

3. WMP requires a Plug-in to show lyrics.
    (Downloading and running some Plug-ins from the internet can be 'sketchy'! I'll leave that up to you! Use CAUTION!)

Other media players have 'show lyrics' capabilities but, most of them require you to have an .lrc (lyric) file of every track in every folder!

Best of luck in your search. If I come across anything else, I'll post about it.

Questions about PotPlayer and Audio Player Recommendations [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 9, 2020
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User

I recently got a new audio setup and have been playing all of my ripped CDs (in WAV format) using Windows Media Player. I'm not pleased with it, to be honest. Here's why:
    • It always starts on the exact same song
    • The current song isn't very easily displayed. There's only one line in small text that shows song information, switching between Artist name, song title, Album name I think. I'd like it in a bit larger text, but at least for the song title & artist to stay there.
    • I would love for it to display the lyrics, if that's possible. Windows Media Player, does not.
    Otherwise, it does the job for me. I'm just wondering if there's anything better. Not sure if I need an Equilizer or not.

Here's my audio setup:
    • Receiver: Yamaha RX-V383
    • Speakers: KEF Q100s (pair)

JOSHSKORN, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Devildog Win User

Questions about PotPlayer and Audio Player Recommendations

I enjoy using Windows Media Player Classic, very nice interface with lots of settings, it has support for x86 & x64 OS's. Also VLC is another nice one.

Devildog, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Questions about PotPlayer and Audio Player Recommendations

1. Questions about PotPlayer and Audio Player Recommendations - Similar Threads - Questions PotPlayer Audio

2. Question about Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows Media Player.: Hello Microsoft, for some reason, my Windows Media Player/Windows Media Player Legacy won't play movies on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-media-player/8e2c21fb-f1bd-4f17-8ecf-79be6ff2ca94
  3. Question about Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows Media Player.: Hello Microsoft, for some reason, my Windows Media Player/Windows Media Player Legacy won't play movies on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-media-player/8e2c21fb-f1bd-4f17-8ecf-79be6ff2ca94
  4. Where to post about an audio/audio cable question? Possibly here?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where to post about an audio/audio cable question? Possibly here?: I have a receiver that has RCA type connectors for 5.1, is there a way to connect the three 3.5mm surround sound connections (side,read and C/Sub) from a soundcard to this setup? Example of receiver connections I have:https://www.the-home-cinema-guide.co...ctions-960.jpg...
  5. Question about Realtek Audio Controls EQ

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Realtek Audio Controls EQ: [ATTACH] So I have a preset here i use for my speakers, when my headphones are not plugged into the jack on the front of my pc. https://preview.redd.it/zpvhpyeke5451.png?width=850&format=png&auto=webp&s=c4b7f4b6fb9ee6ec1235c3e466ba68674a93fbad When I plug my headphones...
  6. Media Player Recommendations

Media Player Recommendations: Having had a look at some old threads in this subreddit, I see that quite a few people had problems getting Windows Media Player to work properly on their computers (player won't launch or can't play certain file types). I was wondering what is the best (preferably free)...
  7. How to optimize Potplayer?

How to optimize Potplayer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_yb3rPuNk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/est9v5/how_to_optimize_potplayer/
  8. Question About Windows Media Player

Question About Windows Media Player: Hi! I was just wondering...i recall that when i ran Windows 7, there was a graphic equalizer you could access in Windows Media Player...I am using the player on Windows 10 since switching over, but i cannot seem to find the Graphic Equalizer. Is there still one in the...
  9. Looking for Audio Player Recommendations

Looking for Audio Player Recommendations: I recently got a new audio setup and have been playing all of my ripped CDs (in WAV format) using Windows Media Player. I'm not pleased with it, to be honest. Here's why: It always starts on the exact same song The current song isn't very easily displayed. There's only one...
  10. Serious question about realtek audio drivers ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Serious question about realtek audio drivers ???: so guys over here MSI USA - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more a so called new driver has been posted for my audio realtek high def, but whats so wired about this is that it is a lower version of the audio driver i got from realtek this month....