Windows 10: Questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB

Discus and support Questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hello once again! I have a questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB. I have many partitions that I want to wipe to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kyle Sisk, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Kyle Sisk Win User

Questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB

Split from this thread.​

Hello once again! I have a questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB. I have many partitions that I want to wipe to start clean I have saved all of my personal data to an external hard drive already. How can I get Windows to specifically download to my SSD rather than my HDD? I have seen some people saying I can create multiple partitions then pick my SSD and others have said to physically remove the HDD until installation is complete. Do you know for sure what is correct and how I can do this properly? Thanks.

Here are my partitions:

Questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB [​IMG]

Questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB [​IMG]

:)

Kyle Sisk, Dec 19, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Reinstall System Image Question

Reinstall System Image Question –
    When saving a system image in Windows 10, it saves it as “Windows Image Backup.” I then add the date to the listing and save it. Therefore, I have a list of backups that read like “Windows Image Backup 9-4-19.”
    So, this is my question.
    If I need to reinstall my system image, does Windows allow me to choose any of the backups in my list to reinstall?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Questions about reinstalling Windows from a USB - Similar Threads - Questions reinstalling USB

2. Question about reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about reinstalling windows.: My daughter unknowingly updated to Windows 11 on her laptop over 10 days ago. The computer runs so slow, lags so much, that its pretty much unusable. Wondering how we can download a copy of Windows 10, the licensed copy we paid for when the computer was purchased? Since it...
  3. Question about reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about reinstalling windows.: My daughter unknowingly updated to Windows 11 on her laptop over 10 days ago. The computer runs so slow, lags so much, that its pretty much unusable. Wondering how we can download a copy of Windows 10, the licensed copy we paid for when the computer was purchased? Since it...
  4. Question about Windows Reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows Reinstallation.: If I reinstall my windows through a bootable drive will my BitLocker encryption remain or would I lose it? Do I have to keep in mind some settings or not? Will recovery drive after reinstallation be automatically made or not? If not how do I have to make it? submitted by...
  5. Question about reinstalling Windows

Question about reinstalling Windows: First of all, I have never done this before but I do know my way around windows. I’m just not sure on one thing. I want to back up everything (except the OS) to a portable hard drive in order to reinstall Windows, but I don’t know what the best way to do this is. I would just...
  6. Question about Windows reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows reinstall?: I have reset Windows so that everything is deleted except the own files. And after it was finished there was something about security or something else and at the end there was almost done and now I have a black screen only with the mouse I can restart the PC or should I wait...
  7. Question about reinstall?

Question about reinstall?: If I use the reinstall tool on the MSFT site, do I use lose data on the D drive? submitted by /u/Redtition [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrtcur/question_about_reinstall/
  8. Question about windows reinstall

Question about windows reinstall: Hello, On the Microsoft site about Windows installation it says that you need a 8GB usb flash drive for the iso file thing. Well, my USB flash drive is only 7.20gb, is it still gonna work? I'm gonna reinstall my OS tomorrow so I would gladly accept any advice. Thanks in...
  9. Some questions about reinstalling

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions about reinstalling: I want to reinstall Windows 10. I am using now 1803, but had a lot of problems when I upgraded to 1809 (2 times), so and I restored it to 1803. My question is if 1809 is stable as a fresh install? I have the 1809 and the 1803 live USBs. Should I install 1809 fresh, or 1803?...
  10. questions about reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    questions about reinstalling windows 10: so i want to reinstall windows 10due to some problems , i have some questions regarding data loss eetc i want to reinstall without losing any data , i have games , musics , pictures , videos and many other things , and i dont want to lose them , is it possible to reinstall...