Windows 10: Questions about SQL Server Updates

Discus and support Questions about SQL Server Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have some questions about installing updates for SQL Server. I have read from this website. It say SQL Server updates are available through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YZ07, Feb 20, 2020.

1. YZ07 Win User

Questions about SQL Server Updates

Hi,

I have some questions about installing updates for SQL Server.

I have read from this website. It say SQL Server updates are available through Microsoft Update. Below is the URL.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sq...erver-servicing-updates?view=sql-server-ver15

I have enabled 'Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows' underUpdate & Security -> Windows Update -> Advanced Options. By enabling this, does it mean it will automatically download any updates for SQL Server ?

Will it have any impact to computer's processing speed if it start to download?

What if it install halfway and fails, will it let us know? What can we do if the installation failed?

Thank you for your help!

:)

2. mobile1 Win User

SQL Server error question

My notebook PC shows this SQL Server error.

Questions about SQL Server Updates [​IMG]

But it does not even have SQL Server installed.

How can I prevent this from appearing?

mobile1, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Cumulative Update #10 for SQL Server 2014 SP1

Source: Cumulative Update #10 for SQL Server 2014 SP1 | SQL Server Release Services

Brink, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Cumulative Update #3 for SQL Server 2014 SP2

Source: Cumulative Update #3 for SQL Server 2014 SP2 | SQL Server Release Services

Brink, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Questions about SQL Server Updates - Similar Threads - Questions SQL Server

2. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  3. Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sql server Reporting Server activation with Sql server Core edition: One of my customer is trying to install Sql server reporting services 2019 and during installation customer gets 2 options; to select as free edition or activate through product key. However, customer states that he does not have a product key since he's using Sql server std...
  4. SQL server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  5. SQL server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL server: After upgrading the OS from Win 10 to Win 11 home edition the SQL doesn't work any more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server/1c360899-de1f-4c76-ae53-cd415ef46ac1
  6. Question about kms servers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about kms servers: So I want to activate windows 10 with a kms server key. I found this website that has an explanation and it seems legit but I just want to ask If anyone knows if this is legit/ if it works because it is so darned complicated to set up a kms server. Also could this install a...
  7. SQL Server Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SQL Server Updates: Hi, Do Cumulative Updates contain previously released Security Updates, or are these separate, such that I have to install both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-updates/8e4241fb-93bc-4f98-b9d5-774c18e80cec
  8. About SQL server 2019 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About SQL server 2019 setup: Hey world, i'm anil My question is i recently used microsoft sql server 2019 enterprise version, the free version. And i'm facing problem with the uninstallation part. What i did? I went to control panel and i hit unistall of the sql, there are many sql icons in it...
  9. SQL Server error question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SQL Server error question: My notebook PC gets a SQL Server error: [img] But there is no C:\ProgramData folder. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 66257
  10. Update SQL server version!

in Windows 10 Support
    Update SQL server version!: I have 2 computers, a laptop and a desktop, the laptop has SQL 2012 and the Desktop has SQL 2014 with the latest update. I have a program which requires that the SQL versions match, but could not get the laptop to accept the SQL 2014 version. It failed with the message to...