Windows 10: Questions about "Storage Spaces"

Discus and support Questions about "Storage Spaces" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm using Win 7 and use Disk manager to span my 5 HDD's together into one drive. Been doing this for years. I am interested in using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnblanker, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Questions about "Storage Spaces"

Hi everyone, I'm using Win 7 and use Disk manager to span my 5 HDD's together into one drive. Been doing this for years. I am interested in using Storage Spaces (SS) to gain the benefit of parity. I just can't find the answers to these questions. Thank for helping.

1. Are there any improvements in SS from Win10 from Win8?
    2. I'm confused about setting the max size. If you set the max size beyond the amount of actual size you have, this allows you to add more drives at a later point in time? But what if you set the max size exactly the same as the actual size? Are you not allowed to increase storage then? If so, why not just make the max size like 500TB? I don't understand this option.
    3. Is there still no way to re-balance data on the pool? If you add a new drive to the pool, it won't auto-balance the data?
    4. Does it auto-balance data as you fill up the pool starting from scratch?
    5. If a drive dies, how do you know exactly which drive to take out of your computer?
    6. Last (probably not), I have heard some talk about wasted space using the parity option. I currently have an array of these disks: 5TB, 4TB, 2TB, 2TB, 2TB. Is there some way to know how much usable space I would have with a parity setup?

btw, I have an exact same disk array that I use as a backup in an eSATA box. 30TB total. I would be willing to mix and match drives from these two arrays if a certain combination yielded better space savings.

Thanks again.

:)

johnblanker, Jan 6, 2016
  2. hitch_11 Win User

about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Questions about "Storage Spaces" :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Jan 6, 2016
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

1-hey ..! i did a format to my nokia n97 few days ago .. before i did the format i had the problem that sometimes when i go to photos its says " memory full close some applicartions ..." and now i have it again ! so i just wanna know how to
    solve this problem its really annoying !

2- my best music kind is trance ,, but i dont enjoy listening trance on my n97 coz music does'nt sound good for this kind of music .. so i want to know if there is a way to make n97 music sounds like x6 or even 5800 ( i guess ) .. through some
    application or through equalizer or whatever ! i dont wanna get another phone Questions about "Storage Spaces" :(

hope u help me .. ! thanks Questions about "Storage Spaces" :)

hitch_11, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Questions about "Storage Spaces"

anyone? If you only know a couple answers, I'd accept that too. *Wink

johnblanker, Jan 7, 2016
  5. Well, after installing Win10 and trying it out, my write speeds with a parity setup were around 15MB/s. Way too slow. With 10TB of data to copy over, that would take me 8 days. I really wanted ReFS too for the data-rot protection and was bummed after realizing this isn't available with parity setups. Oh well. On to try out unRAID.

johnblanker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Questions about "Storage Spaces"

1. Questions about "Storage Spaces" - Similar Threads - Questions Storage Spaces

2. Storage Space and File Location Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Space and File Location Question: I got a work desktop last Christmas after using a laptop for a while and got the notification that I no longer had enough OneDrive space. Something I did not realize was that every document and photo I created on my new computer was synced up to OneDrive as someone who works...
  3. Storage Space and File Location Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space and File Location Question: I got a work desktop last Christmas after using a laptop for a while and got the notification that I no longer had enough OneDrive space. Something I did not realize was that every document and photo I created on my new computer was synced up to OneDrive as someone who works...
  4. Storage space question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage space question: Curious to know why I can’t expand my storage space volume. I have 8X10TB storage space array with parity. I created a 30TB volume initially and now I want to extend that drive to use more of my pool. But it gives me an error saying it cannot be extend because oh the number...
  5. Questions about Windows Storage Spaces

Questions about Windows Storage Spaces: I am planning on putting together a home built file server/NAS/Plex server system for personal use, and I am interested in using the RAID-esque qualities of Windows Storage Spaces. From what I've gather from watching YouTube videos, I gather there are three things that make...
  6. Storage spaces question.

Storage spaces question.: I have a 15TB Array (5x3TB) Mechanical. I have a 512GB 970 Pro NVME. I want to accelerate (cache) the array with the NVME. Is this possible under 10 pro with storage spaces, or any inbuilt method? Asrock taichi X470, 2700x. submitted by /u/korelabs [link] [comments]...
  7. Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines

Question about storage spaces and dual boot machines: Hello, I tried searching for an answer but I could not find one. I'm trying to figure out if I combine some hard drives and create a storage space will these drives be accessible from a Linux or macOS partition? Thank you!! submitted by /u/prjoni99 [link] [comments]...
  8. Question about Storage Spaces

Question about Storage Spaces: Hello. I currently use a Storage Space configuration in which I've combined 2 1TB drives into 1 storage pool with simple/no resiliency (essentially RAID 0). I'm now running out of space in this pool and was wondering if I can add a single 2 Tb drive (of another brand than...
  9. Question about disk space

Question about disk space: I was notified that I'm running out of disk space, so I went to settings to clear it up. "Apps and features" is taking up 770 GB. I only have a few games installed on steam and a couple video and photo editing apps so how is this possible? I clicked on it and sorted by size...
  10. Windows Storage Spaces Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Storage Spaces Questions: Hello everyone, I'm new to Windows Storage Spaces and have a few questions. In Windows 10 Pro, I have an enclosure/pool with 8 drives with a two way mirror storage space that has 1 column, and a 4 drive enclosure/pool with a parity storage space that has 3 columns. My...