Windows 10: questions about sysprep

Discus and support questions about sysprep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to work out how to sysprep a machine before taking an image with dism and I'm running into a few questions. - when I setup this image I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tinyang, May 20, 2019.

1. tinyang Win User

questions about sysprep

I am trying to work out how to sysprep a machine before taking an image with dism and I'm running into a few questions.

- when I setup this image I did not use audit mode. I thought I could work around this by setting in the unattend.xml to copy the customizations of local profile to default profile. But I keep running into "sysprep was not able to validate your windows installation..." and it always ends up being some app package that was 'installed for a user but not provisioned for all users' How do I get past this issue and is this what audit mode is also meant to help you avoid? I have already tried uninstalling the specific app package in powershell and tried uninstalling all app packages thru powershell via the Get-AppPackage | Remove-AppPackage command and still having same issue.

Also I have turned off bitlocker for this drive to make sure encryption is not enabled. will the /oobe switch for sysprep re-enable bitlocker encryption or do I need to do this manually?

Thanks.

:)

tinyang, May 20, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

SysPrep Advice

Hi Joseph,

The topic that you raised is beyond the scope of support for this site which focuses more on home and personal end users. Here's what I found about SysPrep:

However these are old articles and the process may have been changed already. You may re-post this question in

TechNet Forums
    for further assistance.

All the best.

John Ado, May 20, 2019
  3. Jerry T Win User
    Questions regarding sysprep and capture in MDT

I have a question regarding the sysprep and capture function in MDT 2013.

I have done a sysprep & capture on a Windows 10x64 machine with software and drivers included using MDT.

So the next step I did was to deploy the captured .iso file onto a new machine which had the usual configuration steps including setting up the computer name, timezone and keyboard layout etc and everything was start up fine and all the software and drivers were also configured & installed properly.

However, the issue is that machine's SID and computer name were completely the same as the one I ran the sysprep & capture on. Was this supposed to be like this? Because I did some research and a sysprep is supposed to change the SID as it is treated as a new machine. Also, I did configure a new computer name for the machine during the deployment setup but I have no idea why its the same name as the other machine.
    I would appreciate any answers given. Thank you.

Jerry T, May 20, 2019
  4. questions about sysprep

Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Hi,

I had the same problem, checked the logs and they basically said Windows was unable to remove the Miracast app.

Tried multiple suggestions, nothing worked until I found this:

Failed to sysprep and capture Windows 10 Fall Creators 1709

Basically Microsoft have pushed out their 1709 image without the Miracast app installed, to fix:

• Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from a working 1703 build into the C:\Windows directory on the 1709 machine
    • Restart and then run sysprep

Sysprep should then run successfully!

Josh

Josh Hackett, May 20, 2019
Thema:

questions about sysprep

1. questions about sysprep - Similar Threads - questions sysprep

2. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a big question.: Yesterday accidentally I was browsing thru my storage and noticed I only have 40gb left.I decided to delete the temporary files and then clicked downloads,obviously i had a lot of things there and I didn t know it would delete downloads and I also deleted the recycle bin...
  3. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a big question.: Yesterday accidentally I was browsing thru my storage and noticed I only have 40gb left.I decided to delete the temporary files and then clicked downloads,obviously i had a lot of things there and I didn t know it would delete downloads and I also deleted the recycle bin...
  4. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton: I have a question regarding patch information in Microsoft Update Catalog site. For example KB4535680: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 - Microsoft Support , and in this article I can see KB45356803 has been superseded by KB5012170, but I cannot find...
  6. Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton: I have a question regarding patch information in Microsoft Update Catalog site. For example KB4535680: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 - Microsoft Support , and in this article I can see KB45356803 has been superseded by KB5012170, but I cannot find...
  7. User profile moving with Sysprep questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile moving with Sysprep questions: I previously did a clean install of Windows 7 & moved the User profile along with ProgramData (and manually installed programs to the same drive for those that allowed it & I felt wouldn't benefit from being on a SATA SSD). I notice that the method for doing this in Windows...
  8. Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image

Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image: Hello everyone, So I just found out about the software, Sysprep, which is used to create a generalized Windows image for deployment on multiple computers. I'd like to do this but the problem is with the third-party software I want to incorporate into the image. I desire...
  9. Question about SYSPREP

Question about SYSPREP: Can I use sysprep and make one image for multiple PCs with different hardware and drivers. any suggestions on what to use. 120650
  10. Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

Sysprep and Audit Mode questions: I'm noticing some stuff when running sysprep on an image: - I uninstalled OneDrive in Audit Mode, but after generalization it comes right back? Any way to keep it uninstalled? - Windows Updates seemingly gets undone after going to OOBE, and some drivers got reverted as...