Windows 10: Questions about System Restore in Windows 10

Discus and support Questions about System Restore in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all - Just some quick questions about System Restore in Windows 10... 1) Why isn't System Restore enabled by default? 2) When enabled, what is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Compumind, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Questions about System Restore in Windows 10

Hi all -

Just some quick questions about System Restore in Windows 10...

1) Why isn't System Restore enabled by default?
    2) When enabled, what is the creation frequency of System Restore points by default?
    3) How much space does each Restore Point consume, on average?
    4) If you have a 1 TB "C" drive, (containing the OS) what storage setting is considered to be optimal?
    5) Finally, (just to confirm) what data elements does System Restore actually restore?

Please answer with question number.

Thanks!

*chuckle

:)

Compumind, Dec 13, 2018

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Questions about System Restore in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Questions System Restore

2. Questions about installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about installing Windows 10: Split from this thread. I have a Windows 10, HP Laptop. I have many questions! I'm about to install the Windows 10 operating system, from a DVD. Here goes . . . Do I have to delete everything on my computer, to then do the install? Or will be done during the install? How...
  3. Question about the System process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the System process: I see a lot people talking about memory leaks with this, mine never goes that high except when I game it'll jump up higher than the game itself sometimes. Just curious is this the case for everyone? 15019
  4. Question About Create System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question About Create System Image: If you create a system image using Create System Image in Backup and Restore and save it to an internal hard drive in an enclosure connected via usb, can you just use that as a replacement hard drive and just replace your current hard drive and use the one the System Image is...
  5. Questions regarding Windows 10 System Restores

Questions regarding Windows 10 System Restores: Hi all, After building my new computer and installing the OS/Programs last year I created a system restore point on another internal hard drive using the windows recovery tool (Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery). I have a 500 gb Samsung SSD operating as the...
  6. Windows 10 Restore question?

Windows 10 Restore question?: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I purchased a second Seagate Back-up Plus 2 TB external HD and used the Windows OS backup feature to make an image of my PC. It took about 5 hours to complete the image. Upon completion I looked at the image on the external HD and...
  7. question about a system image

question about a system image: I have a asus laptop i couldnt get my printer to work. well it came down to i have been infected with some very bad trojans and virus. they couldn have fixed it for 109 bucks but i dont have that kind of money. I have system Image on a external hdd. If i put that on my laptop...
  8. Question About System Image in Windows 10

Question About System Image in Windows 10: I'am planning on installing Windows 10, and I'am thinking of doing a clean install. So my question is if I create a system image of my current OS i.e. Win 8.1 will I be able to restore it on Windows 10? Because I do not want to install every software again. 8938
  9. Question about windows 10

Question about windows 10: I just ordered parts for a new computer and now need to get windows 10. Does it have a free trial period? Can i just make a usb install and then buy it after i'm online? 40126
  10. Questions about upgrading to windows 10

Questions about upgrading to windows 10: Hello. I have recently heard about the windows 10 free upgrade for win7 and 8.1 genuine users. I have a few questions about that upgrade. 1. I don't have any version of windows installed on my computer, so, if I want to get the new windows 10 when it comes out, is there...