Windows 10: Questions about Wbadmin syntax

Discus and support Questions about Wbadmin syntax in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently use the old Windows Backup 2007, which works well, but is not very flexible for scheduling and other features. The old app produces 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IvanDenisovich, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Questions about Wbadmin syntax

I currently use the old Windows Backup 2007, which works well, but is not very flexible for scheduling and other features.

The old app produces 2 files, one under the "name" of the computer, presumably containing full incremental backups of all files on C:\. The other is named "WindowsImageBackup", containing a system image.

I'd like to migrate to using Wbadmin scripts for backups and my question is how to configure the "Wbadmin start backup" command with the necessary paramenters so both a full backup and a system image is produced. Can this, for example, be accomplished in one wbadmin line or not? If not, will it work with two lines one for each type of backup in sequence?

All guidance greatly appreciated.

:)

IvanDenisovich, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Getting: Syntax Error (Syntax Error)

Hi,

It's possible that you're receiving the Syntax Error due to program incompatibility. We'd like to learn more about your concern so we could
    provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Have you checked with the software manufacturer if this particular software is compatible with Windows 10?

• Which version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.

• Since you mentioned that you couldn't read anything from the application when you're trying to install it, is there an English version of the game that you can install instead?

• What is the name of the game?

• Have you checked if your computer meets the game's system requirements?

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Yolvi Ell, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Can i backup a sysprepped Computer with wbadmin

Hi there,

i want to make a backup of a sysprepped system (oobe enabled).

Can i use wbadmin to create a complete windows system image to another partition?

I do not want to use any third party software to capture the sysprepped system.

Would be nice if i can use wbadmin for that to create a full windows system restore image.

When i boot from a windows 10 dvd i cannot use wbadmin to create a backup (some wbadmin features seemed to be unavailable in winpe).

Maybe someone knows a solution for that?

thank you

Dennis

d.jaenisch, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Questions about Wbadmin syntax

wbadmin in Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 and attempted to use wbadmin using the procedure mentioned in the previous post. It works.

Félix Langlois, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Questions about Wbadmin syntax

1. Questions about Wbadmin syntax - Similar Threads - Questions Wbadmin syntax

2. Question about realtek

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about realtek: was wondering if anyone would know why I would 3 Realtek HD Audio Universal Service in the task manager. I just want to know if that is normal? Here is a pic 180359
  3. Question about Roblox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Question about Roblox: Why Roblox company wont put in the nintendo switch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-roblox/26c6cbb5-9d4f-41e0-a7d8-1d8f4a0864fd
  4. Question about monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about monitors: Is it possible to use my laptop as a second monitor using a wire? I don't want to use wireless because I don't always have connection. Thanks in advance. Preferably free, but low cost should be fine. submitted by /u/Faramir_1233 [link] [comments]...
  5. Questions about tracking

in Browsers and Email
    Questions about tracking: I've started using the new Stable version of Edgeium so much that I'm thinking about switching over to it full-time. So that causes me to ask -- does MS track all the sites and URLs I use with it? IF so, is there any way to disable this? I can find lots of info about the MS...
  6. WBADMIN Backup Fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    WBADMIN Backup Fails: VSS Error Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine IVssAsrWriterBackup::GetAsrMetadata. hr = 0x80070032, The request is not supported. VSS Writers List C:\WINDOWS\system32>vssadmin list writers vssadmin 1.1 - Volume Shadow Copy Service administrative...
  7. WBAdmin - The RPC server is unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WBAdmin - The RPC server is unavailable: Hello, How can I solve this problem? Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wbadmin-the-rpc-server-is-unavailable/3b2c53df-232e-4739-a0c4-d96cf99c28c9
  8. command line syntax question

in Windows 10 Support
    command line syntax question: Hi: I have this line in C code: wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "NOTEPAD.EXE" " ); ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE ); When it executes, ping runs and NOTEPAD is launched but the command windows stays open until notepad exits. So I tried this code: wsprintf(buf,...
  9. questions about icons

in Windows 10 Support
    questions about icons: Hi. I have two different windows 10 systems, and they display the icons in the right pane in different way. I cant find how to change them to be alike (I prefer just the icon instead the folder with the small icon) Any suggestion? Thanks 118226
  10. Question about Securom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Securom: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 awhile ago now and I've really been enjoying the new OS. However I have an older game that is having some problems running. I would roll back to Windows 8.1 but that option is no longer available to me in the settings under update and recovery...