Windows 10: Questions about windows features

Discus and support Questions about windows features in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a few questions about windows features. What is ready boost and how does it work? What would happen if I have to replace the device that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CreeperKing, May 16, 2019.

1. Questions about windows features

I have a few questions about windows features.

What is ready boost and how does it work?

What would happen if I have to replace the device that I am using for ready boost?

Does windows warn me if a device I am using for ready boost is about to fail?

Does windows warn me if any storage device I have is going to fail.

Can I install things onto an external drive?

If so, what would I have to do if I need to replace that device or I remove that device?

Why do SSD's have a recommended amount of uses before you have to replace them?

How do you replace a SDD?

If you have a SDD what happens if you don't have enough space for windows to download and install updates?

Why does disk cleanup not seem to do anything with the windows update cleanup in windows 10, but works fine on windows 7?

Because disk cleanup does not seem to cleanup windows update cleanup, what do you do if it gets so large that there is no space left for windows to install updates(or do just about anything)?

I was once told that you can manually cleanup windows update cleanup by deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder, but how does that work when the SoftwareDistribution folder is only about 400 MB and windows update cleanup is over 2 GB?

How does anyone even manage their disk space on a 120 GB SDD with windows 10? I can see how it could be done in windows 7 but not 10. It seems to me that if you have windows 10 and a SDD you need one with at least 200 GB.

If you have more than one drive, can you choose what drive to create user accounts on?

If you have more than one drive can you install an anti virus onto the drive that does not have you OS or does it need to be on the one with your OS?

:)

CreeperKing, May 16, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 16, 2019
  3. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Questions about windows features win7-early_feedback.gif

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, May 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Questions about windows features

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Questions about windows features

1. Questions about windows features - Similar Threads - Questions features

2. I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?: I ran it for 2 hours and it did nothing? Why does it take so long? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-question-why-does-it-take-so-long-to-use/daf35c28-1a3a-445e-8efd-01490482309f
  3. I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?: I ran it for 2 hours and it did nothing? Why does it take so long? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-question-why-does-it-take-so-long-to-use/daf35c28-1a3a-445e-8efd-01490482309f
  4. I have a question. Why does it take so long to use the maintenance feature?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  6. Question about AppLocker features

Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  7. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Hello, this is a question regarding the Find my device feature.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, this is a question regarding the Find my device feature.: I could see my device last location when i open the Find my device menu, but i cannot use the function as it returns message of failed attempt to find the device. So I actually have no idea if Find my device feature is even turned on yet? And what are the requirements for a...
  9. Hello, this is a question regarding the Find my device feature.

Hello, this is a question regarding the Find my device feature.: I could see my device last location when i open the Find my device menu, but i cannot use the function as it returns message of failed attempt to find the device. So I actually have no idea if Find my device feature is even turned on yet? And what are the requirements for a...
  10. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...