Windows 10: Questions concerning aditional accounts

Discus and support Questions concerning aditional accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a 'small storage' hybrid 2-in-1 tablet PC. In addition to my main (Administrator) account I have two additional accounts, to which I have given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Oct 4, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

Questions concerning aditional accounts

I have a 'small storage' hybrid 2-in-1 tablet PC. In addition to my main (Administrator) account I have two additional accounts, to which I have given very little attention until now. One was created by a MS tech to help with some remote work he did; one (local Administrator) was created by me by clicking a menu item in Winaero Tweaker. I am giving them some attention at the moment as a part of preparing for the immanent October update, which is the reason for question 1, as follows:

1. what effect do these extra accounts have on available storage space on my C drive? If I were to remove one or both of them would this release some storage space on my small emmc SSD C drive? Would it be an insignificant amount (lets say less than 1 GB) or might it make a worthwhile difference?

2. what determines what is displayed when I open these accounts, they do not have the desktop from my main account, instead they have a 'selection' of the main account's desktop icons which is different in each case. How is this 'selection' made? It looks somewhat random.

3. as I am the only user are there useful things which can be achieved with these additional accounts? So far I have not even created any extra desktops in my main account, though I can see this is something I may do at some point.

I hope this makes sense!

:)

clayto, Oct 4, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Questions concerning aditional accounts - Similar Threads - Questions concerning aditional

2. Question Concerning Stylus Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Concerning Stylus Compatibility: Hi. I have an HP Envy x360 Laptop, and I am planning to buy a stylus for the computer. I was wondering if the styluses used for the Surface models would work. Would this be so? And if not, do you have separate styluses for computers like mine....
  3. Question Concerning Stylus Compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question Concerning Stylus Compatibility: Hi. I have an HP Envy x360 Laptop, and I am planning to buy a stylus for the computer. I was wondering if the styluses used for the Surface models would work. Would this be so? And if not, do you have separate styluses for computers like mine....
  4. Question concerning Outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Question concerning Outlook 2019: Hi: I'm hoping somebody can answer this question for me. I am using Outlook 2019 from Office Professional Pro 2019. I would like to know how I can send an e-mail to somebody, and without asking for a read receipt be notified that the e-mail was read. I've Googled, and found...
  5. aditional hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    aditional hard drive: Can I add another hard drive to my computer? I've got a new elitedesk with a 250 w power supply, 512 ssd, and a 1T HDD. Was thinking about moving the spare HDD from my existing machine over....
  6. Questions concerning additional accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Questions concerning additional accounts: I have a 'small storage' hybrid 2-in-1 tablet PC. In addition to my main (Administrator) account I have two additional accounts, to which I have given very little attention until now. One was created by a MS tech to help with some remote work he did; one (local Administrator)...
  7. Questions concerning restored images in macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Questions concerning restored images in macrium: I know cloning a drive will in essence replicate it, but I have a question about imaging your OS and data partitions. If you image the OS and data partitions and restore them on a target drive...... will the restored target drive be able to boot Windows or just...
  8. Some questions concerning Groove music player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some questions concerning Groove music player: 1. How does one clear songs from playing now?, first song I fired up was a Led Zeppelin song, the taskbar on bottom of player showing controls and song progress cant be cleared. 2. Groove didn't import 50 of my 600 albums, what's up with that?, yet on another computer it...
  9. Intel Bug Questions and concerns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Intel Bug Questions and concerns: Screenshot may be misleading. Google Chrome uses 1GB ram (75%), which leads to a total of 1.5GB system RAM. Suggest untick Group by type, and sort Memory column from highest to lowest for another screenshot. A fresh install may also be misleading, as a user will likely...
  10. A couple of questions concerning Windows 10.....

in Windows 10 Support
    A couple of questions concerning Windows 10.....: Hi, It seems that every single time I get my USB 3 Hard drive to boot with my computer NVIDIA releases a new driver and for some strange reason the hard drive will no longer auto boot with the computer so then I have to get up, turn it off and back on in order for it to...