Windows 10: Questions concerning " go back to the previous version of windows"

Discus and support Questions concerning " go back to the previous version of windows" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there. So last week i updated my windows's version from 1803 to 1909. I have seen degrated performance in games after that and want to go back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrLiled, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Questions concerning " go back to the previous version of windows"

Hey there. So last week i updated my windows's version from 1803 to 1909. I have seen degrated performance in games after that and want to go back to the previous version. What i've read on the internet is that i can go back to the previous version during a 10 day period after installing an update. 1) i think i download 1903 then went to 1909. So when i go back to the previous version, will it go to 1803 or 1903? 2) i am backing up my files just in case. When doing the recover there is a reminder that i'll have to reinstall some apps. Is there any way i can predict what apps i'll have to reinstall?

submitted by /u/MrLiled
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrLiled, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows keeps reverting back to previous version.

Hi Josh,

The issue with Windows 10 update reverting back to previous version could be due to corruption in Windows Update component files.

We would like to ask some information to better assist you with your concern:

• Which previous build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

We suggest that you try to run
    Windows update troubleshooter
    and check if it works.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Nov 23, 2019
  3. reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Questions concerning " go back to the previous version of windows"

Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Questions concerning " go back to the previous version of windows"

1. Questions concerning " go back to the previous version of windows" - Similar Threads - Questions concerning previous

2. How to go back to a previous BIOS version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to go back to a previous BIOS version: Hi,So, after I updated my BIOS, any app or game just crashes whenever I run them.. so I decided to go back to the old one but my BIOS keeps telling me that it's old.How can I go back the old BIOS version? I had BIOS 204. But after the BIOS 210 update, it killed everything.I...
  3. Go back to previous version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Go back to previous version of Windows 10: Hi if I use “go back to previous version of windows 10 does it go back to 1909 because 20h2 is so damn slow and if I did that will it delete my files on D: drive or just C: system drive...
  4. Can't go back to previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't go back to previous version of windows: I upgraded to 10 2 days ago so it can't be that. It says go back to previous version of Windows 10. Can I go back to 8.1 or will I have to clean intsall? submitted by /u/Lolbit723 [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't go back to previous version

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't go back to previous version: I just upgraded to 1909, I read that they fixed the problem with search in File Explorer - they didn't it still doesn't work, and now it says "Your pc was updated more than 10 days ago". I tried 1909 several months ago, did not like the fact that you can't search in File...
  6. Trying to go back to previous version of windows

Trying to go back to previous version of windows: So, I updated to the 9013 update last Thursday and when my PC first booted up, it was all wrong. So I contacted Microsoft support and some Indian guy took control of my PC, activated the Administrator account, and "fixed" the problem. Even though after I restarted it, it...
  7. go back to previous version

go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  8. Resting Windows will go back to previous version?

Resting Windows will go back to previous version?: I want to reset my PC. I am running Windows 10, but my PC came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. If I reset my PC, will it reset to Windows 8.1?...
  9. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...
  10. Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10: How to: Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10 How to Go Back to Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10 When you Windows.old[/b] folder in the root directory of the Windows 10 drive as a backup. This backup will allow you to be able to go back to...