Windows 10: Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

Discus and support Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Soon, I will have to make a decision to upgrade my Windows 7 professional operating system to Windows 10 operating system. I have been using Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark09(2), Apr 17, 2019.

1. Mark09(2) Win User

Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

Soon, I will have to make a decision to upgrade my Windows 7 professional operating system to Windows 10 operating system. I have been using Windows 7 professional on my current PC for several years and purchased many third party software programs that were designed for Windows 7 operating system. I will need to transfer many of these purchased software programs designed for Windows 7 professional operating system, along with documents, Internet Explorer IE favorite web sites over to Windows 10 professional operating system in the near future. I expect to make the Windows 7 to Windows 10 transfer during the summer months.

Question(s):

1.) Will my purchased third party software programs function within the Windows 10 operating system?? Any Microsoft tools to check the compatibility?

2..) Any recommendations before I transfer the many software programs//folders//document file formats//settings over from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Mark

:)

Mark09(2), Apr 17, 2019

2. Upgrade from 7 professional to windows 10

Hi Hector,

We appreciate you for showing interest on Windows 10.

Yes, you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 professional once you have performed your free upgrade.

Please check the below information.

• Windows 7 Starter/ Home basic/Home premium will upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition.

• Windows 7 Professional/Ultimate will upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

Reference: Refer the below link for more information about Windows 10.

Windows 10 FAQ:

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional by using Windows 7 Professional

Hi All,

I have bought a new notebook with Windows 10 Home, but I have Windows 7 Professional, as there is free upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10, can I use my Windows 7 Professional key to upgrade my new notebook to Windows 10 Professional, and how to do it. Thanks.

Wayne

WAYNELAW2008, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

Windows 7 to 10 professional upgrade

I have Windows 7 Professional right now. Will I be offered to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional or is it all going to be to home premium, etc.?

dabears81418, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

1. Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional - Similar Threads - Questions concerning Upgrade

2. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  3. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  4. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional via a Windows 7 professional disk

Upgrading from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional via a Windows 7 professional disk: I have an OEM version of Windows 10 home which was pre-installed on my computer. I also have a fully licenced version of Windows 7 professional, this is installed on a computer which is not capable of being upgraded to Windows 10; consequently it will no longe be used. Is...
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional: I was sent a link from Microsoft to upgrade my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. The link worked just fine and now I have to activate Windows 10 and the software is asking for a product key. I do not have a product key. How do I activate Windows 10?...
  7. window 7 professional upgrading

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window 7 professional upgrading: I have original Dell 2011 computer. Being retired use computer to play games , look E-Mail and to pay bills. Can any thing be done to keep this running to serve my purpose,...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10

Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10: My computer logs in with a local account and not an online account. While I had windows 7 Professional I would login with my fingerprint. After upgrading to Windows 10, when I scan my finger, I came to know that the system do not logged in with the help of fingerprint,...
  9. UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10

UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10: Presently running Windows 7 Professional with Windows XP Virtual installed. Can I upgrade to 10 without losing XP Virtual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-professional-to-10/f8f2ce03-e856-46bd-bd55-b01a51ea446e
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key: Hi, Hoping someone can give me a proper and definitive answer on this as there are multiple conflicting answers. 1. Can you upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 Professional using a Windows 7 professional Key ? 2. Can you install windows 10 Pro and activate it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 upgrade