Windows 10: Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10

Discus and support Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm sure other users will want to use some of this info too. I keep having issues with Windows 10 rebooting from, Startup, Sleep, and Restart. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim Guth, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Jim Guth Win User

Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10

I'm sure other users will want to use some of this info too.

I keep having issues with Windows 10 rebooting from, Startup, Sleep, and Restart. They don't always work.

I've created a recovery disk on a My Passport Drive, but I can't find any info on how to use it or what files are saved to this drive.

1. What is saved during the Creation of the recovery media?

2. I have Windows office 2010 and a number of other programs I need to save before I do a clean install. How can I save them so I don't corrupt the clean Installed files?

3. I want to wipe my entire C: drive clean before doing a clean install. Do I need to whip out all the partitions too?

4. I want to test the clean install before reinstalling my Programs shown in Item 2 above.

5. I don't want to re-corrupt the Clean install with any of the Backup or an Imaged Backup. Do I have to save the programs in a different manor?

Where can we find printed and copy info to do all of this safely?

:)

Jim Guth, Sep 19, 2019

2. Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Pinchy Win User
    XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10 :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10 ;).

Pinchy, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10

Windows 10 recovery drive disks

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the Windows Backup Recovery disks on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the error message you get with the disks?
    Suggest you to insert those disks in a different PC to check if you are able to access your data.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10

1. Questions on using a recovery disk for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Questions using recovery

2. windows 10 recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 recovery disk: my MS office win 10 got crashed so pleased send link for download of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recovery-disk/dddc9e37-6c41-4965-bf0c-fe6c3fcc0baf
  3. windows 10 recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 recovery disk: my MS office win 10 got crashed so pleased send link for download of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recovery-disk/dddc9e37-6c41-4965-bf0c-fe6c3fcc0baf
  4. windows 10 recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Using windows recovery and selling PC question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using windows recovery and selling PC question: Hi, I'm selling my PC and wanted to reinstall windows, I used the windows 10 recovery option to reinstall it. I was hoping that it would reinstall with an unactivated version of windows, but it reinstalled and used my license. Can I just sell the PC as is or is the...
  6. Windows 10 recovery disk creation question

Windows 10 recovery disk creation question: I have (for whatever reason) no recovery partition on my Windows 10 machine. My Windows 10 has been customized over the past year, software added, etc. If I create a new recovery disk (USB), can I use that to reinstall Windows 10 from factory? In other words, will the...
  7. Windows 10 recovery disk creation question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 recovery disk creation question: I have (for whatever reason) no recovery partition on my Windows 10 machine. My Windows 10 has been customized over the past year, software added, etc. If I create a new recovery disk (USB), can I use that to reinstall Windows 10 from factory? In other words, will the...
  8. Windows 10 recovery disk

Windows 10 recovery disk: I have upgraded my windows OS from 8.1 to Windows 10 Home. I need to know the course of action where I can make a complete recovery DVD disk/USB whichever preferable, just in case, in future windows 10 OS freezes / goes bad. Also I have been informed there won't be any...
  9. recovery disk for Windows 10

recovery disk for Windows 10: I need to make a recovery disk for Windows 10. How do I do that? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/recovery-disk-for-windows-10/c602d599-6b50-45d3-bd94-2b8d48398ec0
  10. Reinstalling Windows 7 using Recovery Disks

Reinstalling Windows 7 using Recovery Disks: Here's my situation. Prior to doing my Windows 10 upgrade on my HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook, I successfully created the 3 Recovery disks. Prior to that I was receiving messages that a hard drive failure is eminent and I should back up my files and replace the hard drive....