Windows 10: Questions on Windows Firewall

Discus and support Questions on Windows Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; New to windows 10 and slowly getting up the learning curve. Have a couple of questions on my security protection. I have Norton Online Security via... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fdm2000, Jan 24, 2020.

1. fdm2000 Win User

Questions on Windows Firewall

New to windows 10 and slowly getting up the learning curve. Have a couple of questions on my security protection. I have Norton Online Security via Comcast and was wondering if Norton had disabled Windows Defender which generally the case when a third party antivirus program is installed - however I found Windows Defender Firewall running in services? I assumed that Norton had activated a firewall but apparent that is not the case?
    Wondering if someone could enlighten me on this matter. Also does Norton Online Security or any security suite scan both of my internal SSD (C Drive) and HDD (D drive) or just the C drive with the OS?

Frank

:)

fdm2000, Jan 24, 2020

2. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Questions on Windows Firewall

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Questions on Windows Firewall

1. Questions on Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - Questions Firewall

2. Firewall question: What is a compartment?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall question: What is a compartment?: Regarding Outbound Firewall Rules, 'Programs and Services' tab: What is a compartment?The choices are"All compartments that meet the specified conditions"or"This compartment".If I choose "This compartment", and click [Apply] without filling in the "This compartment" textbox,...
  3. Windows Firewall Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall Question: Hello esteemed Microsoft familyI have a question regarding windows firewall.As you can see below there are 2 rules in surveilance tab which are greenallowedFor those that don't speak my language they translate as: Shared Internet AccessIs there a particular reason why are...
  4. Windows Firewall Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall Question: Hello esteemed Microsoft familyI have a question regarding windows firewall.As you can see below there are 2 rules in surveilance tab which are greenallowedFor those that don't speak my language they translate as: Shared Internet AccessIs there a particular reason why are...
  5. Had to deactivate then reactivate my Defender firewall, now it questions every app never...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Had to deactivate then reactivate my Defender firewall, now it questions every app never...: I had to do a firmware update for my printer that required turning off firewalls. When I reactivated my Defender firewalls, I started getting popups for every single app asking for permission to let it interact on public or private networks. I'd never seen these popups...
  6. Had to deactivate then reactivate my Defender firewall, now it questions every app never...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to deactivate then reactivate my Defender firewall, now it questions every app never...: I had to do a firmware update for my printer that required turning off firewalls. When I reactivated my Defender firewalls, I started getting popups for every single app asking for permission to let it interact on public or private networks. I'd never seen these popups...
  7. Had to deactivate then reactivate my Defender firewall, now it questions every app never...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Question about window firewall

Question about window firewall: - Are these dll virus or something and if so is there a way to remove them? '-'+ Discovered about these bit earlier when I open up my firewall, tried to disable them but they just clone themselves and reactivate...
  9. Question about window firewall

Question about window firewall: - Are these dll virus or something and if so is there a way to remove them? '-'+ Discovered about these bit earlier when I open up my firewall, tried to disable them but they just clone themselves and reactivate...
  10. Defender Firewall questions

Defender Firewall questions: Hi, As I am not a security expert, please assist me on responding to the below questions: 1. I am mostly and always using my laptop inside my LAN Home network and as you can see, Defender Firewall is set to use Public Network firewall as ACTIVE. Which means my laptop should...