Windows 10: Questions pertaining to SSD install

Discus and support Questions pertaining to SSD install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My 10 year old HP desktop is running extremely slow. Perhaps due to the progression of upgrades from Win 7 to Win 8 and now Win 10. Takes almost five... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bicycleman, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Questions pertaining to SSD install

My 10 year old HP desktop is running extremely slow. Perhaps due to the progression of upgrades from Win 7 to Win 8 and now Win 10. Takes almost five minutes to boot up and is slow opening programs. I have been told resetting Windows and installing a SSD is the best way to go. One question is when resetting is it best to keep my data files or do a total reset? Also, should I reset Windows on the current hard drive and then clone to the SSD or should I clone to the SSD and then do the reset? I used to be fairly knowledgeable about computers back in the 1980's and 1990's but this new stuff is confusing to me.Any additional advise will be welcomed.

:)

bicycleman, Jul 30, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 30, 2021
  3. MoonOS Win User
    Installing New SSD Questions

Hello, I am installing a new SSD in my younger brothers PC and just want to make sure that I know what I am doing before I do it. Against my better judgement he bought a prebuilt PC from bestbuy that didnt come with an SSD so naturally his OS is on a HDD,
    my question is what are the steps I should take to move his windows OS to the new SSD, start fresh with just windows, but keep it so it is the full paid version of window and he dosent need another key. Please help me understand so I do not brick his pc, thank
    you.

MoonOS, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Questions pertaining to SSD install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Questions pertaining to SSD install

1. Questions pertaining to SSD install - Similar Threads - Questions pertaining SSD

2. SSD question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD question: Hello, I have a question. I have bought a 1TB SSD from crucial.com Crucial MX500 1000GB 2.5 inch SSD. My SSD that Is installed on the computer is a 250GB SSD. Should I get rid of the 250GB SSD and go ahead and buy a new Operating System Windows 10 Home which is the cheapest,...
  3. SSD question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD question: Windows 10 20H2 has been writing 3x more than reading on my SSD, I don't even write that much data myself. It's averaging about 50GBs a day everyday since I bought it and it's chopping the life off my SSD. I've had S.M.A.R.T bullshit me before but I think that's not the case...
  4. Multiple questions pertaining to audio, file installation and device administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple questions pertaining to audio, file installation and device administrator: So I had to reinstall Windows and I proceeded partition my C: drive to a 50gb C: Drive for my os and a 900gb D: drive for games and personal files. The only issue is that nothing will save to the D: drive unless I manually change the location. I have set my file location in...
  5. Multiple questions pertaining to file installation and device administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple questions pertaining to file installation and device administrator: So I had to reinstall Windows and I proceeded partition my C: drive to a 50gb C: Drive for my os and a 900gb D: drive for games and personal files. The only issue is that nothing will save to the D: drive unless I manually change the location. I have set my file location in...
  6. 3 Questions one pertaining to network discovery, Second question pertaining to maps and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 Questions one pertaining to network discovery, Second question pertaining to maps and...: Hi been having issues since I bought new computer network discovery shows cell phone when I went into dev tools I uncovered something called jscript static which is json files however I dont have active cell phone but it was able to translate messages how weird is that? I...
  7. Installing New SSD Questions

Installing New SSD Questions: Hello, I am installing a new SSD in my younger brothers PC and just want to make sure that I know what I am doing before I do it. Against my better judgement he bought a prebuilt PC from bestbuy that didnt come with an SSD so naturally his OS is on a HDD, my question is what...
  8. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  9. Clean Installation questions and SSD drives

Clean Installation questions and SSD drives: Ive just got a new PC with a 128gb SSD and a 1 Terabyte Data drive. Ive never had an SSD drive before so this is new to me. If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive to clean install Windows 10....what are the differences to be aware of as regards...
  10. SSD question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD question: Samsung Magician isn't Win 10 ready. Can I uninstall it? Will Win 10 properly manage my SSD without Magician? Sometimes my PC will not shut down. It powers off, but a few seconds later reboots. I suspect Magician and Windows incompatibility. Early reports of Win 10...