Windows 10: Questions re Upgrading 750GB HDD to new 2TB HDD using Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Questions re Upgrading 750GB HDD to new 2TB HDD using Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I plan to upgrade my 750GB ATA drive to a 2TB HDD on my 6 year old Dell XPS9000 that has W7 The 750GB Drive has a 250 OS System partition and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by provlima, Nov 26, 2016.

1. provlima Win User

Questions re Upgrading 750GB HDD to new 2TB HDD using Macrium Reflect

I plan to upgrade my 750GB ATA drive to a 2TB HDD on my 6 year old Dell XPS9000 that has W7

The 750GB Drive has a 250 OS System partition and a 500GB data partition.

If I image my hold 750 GB HDD to the new 2TB HDD how will the System and Data partitions be restored on the new 2TB HDD?

Will the new HDD have to be formatted before I put the restored Macrium image on it?

My Desktop has two users will the restored images of the system and data disk keep al of the user settings favorites desktops etc ?

:)

provlima, Nov 26, 2016

2. Windows Boot Sector corrupted

Does your HDD installation still work? If so then this would be the correct procedure to follow:

• Use Macrium Reflect (or a similar tool) to create an image of your installation.
    • Disconnect the HDD, connect the SSD.
    • Boot the machine with the Macrium Reflect bootable rescue flash disk.
    • Restore the image to the SSD.
    In general: When restoring images you must make sure at the first reboot to connect the new disk only. If both disks are connected then you risk ruining both installations.

Frederik Long, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Cbarnhorst, Nov 26, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

If you image it normally gives you an option to resize partition if not it can be done after with disk manager. A image means everything works as it is now all users etc will all be the same

Samuria, Nov 26, 2016
  5. Samuria Win User
    If you image it normally gives you an option to resize partition if not it can be done after with disk manager. A image means everything works as it is now all users etc will all be the same
    You don't touch the new disk it will be formatted and partitions created by the image

Samuria, Nov 26, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    This is similar to the transfer I did - see my guide enclosed.
    SSD Transfer.docx

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Questions re Upgrading 750GB HDD to new 2TB HDD using Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Questions Upgrading 750GB

2. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Question: Hi all, I know there is plenty of support for MR on this site but I could not find the answer to this particular question. I am thinking of installing MR and I noticed in KARI's how-to article (very good) that you could install Free or Home. I will just be using it on my...
  3. Question about using Macrium Reflect

Question about using Macrium Reflect: Hi. I'll be making a system image using Macrium Reflect for the first time. I will backup the Windows (C) Drive, Windows RE Tools and the EFI System Partitions. I'd like to know if I should also backup the Recovery Drive (D). Thanks in advance for any replies. Note that I did...
  4. Macrium Reflect question

Macrium Reflect question: If I use MR to create an image of a MBR disk is it OK to store that image on a GPT disk ? Is it going to cause problems if I need to restore the image to the MBR disk ? 121523
  5. Macrium Reflect Free for Failed HDD Mirroring

Macrium Reflect Free for Failed HDD Mirroring: I have reactivated a main drive from my failed machine. I want to mirror the critical files on that drive. I think I have a handle on the partitions, as I show below. My question is...is there a need to mirror any other / or all the other partitions besides then the G:...
  6. Macrium Reflect Question

Macrium Reflect Question: Ok Way i do thing is SSD is OS and 1 game that i put on there, and a few small programs, Storage drive has Music, pictures, documents, other games i don't want on the SSD, If i do an image after Redstone 5 clean install do i just image the SSD? or wait til i get stuff...
  7. Macrium Reflect Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect Question: I have created a Macrium Reflect USB drive. That was in 2017. How can I upgrade it? Don Cole 113764
  8. Migrating from HDD to SSD using free Macrium Reflect

Migrating from HDD to SSD using free Macrium Reflect: I am getting ready to add an M.2 275GB SSD to my Acer Aspire E5-575-33BM which came with a 1TB 5400 HDD and Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I have browsed forums and watched several tutorials on YouTube. Here is my question before I start. One video showed moving the OS...
  9. A Question About Macrium Reflect

A Question About Macrium Reflect: Will Macrium take care of it when making the Bootable rescue media on a USB or do I need a third party tool to make partitions and to make it Bootable? I'v got a brand new USB flash Drive that's factory formatted to FAT32. Do I need to make any further prep with it? 97810
  10. Macrium reflect doesn't find RAID HDD's for RESTORE but SEES on BACKUP

Macrium reflect doesn't find RAID HDD's for RESTORE but SEES on BACKUP: Hi there Trying to restore an image on to a RAID 0 SSD from stand alone version. After loading the RAID driver Macrium SEES all the HDD's and can select images etc. However when TARGET destination is chosen No HDD's are seen. !!! Anybody got any ideas on fixing...