Windows 10: Questions Regarding a Laptop Which has Been Temporarily Removed from a Domain

Discus and support Questions Regarding a Laptop Which has Been Temporarily Removed from a Domain in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a windows 11 laptop. I have had it removed temporarily from the domain it was connected to and am currently using the local administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Breaking News, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Questions Regarding a Laptop Which has Been Temporarily Removed from a Domain

I have a windows 11 laptop. I have had it removed temporarily from the domain it was connected to and am currently using the local administrator account. I have 3 questions:What will happen to all the files and software that I download on this local admin once the laptop gets re-connected to the domain. Will everything stay intact or get deleted once the laptop will be re-removed from the domain at some later stage.The local administrator account does not have a password at the moment. If I set a password to it now and the laptop gets re-connected to a domain, what will be the password once it

:)

Breaking News, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Ditendra Win User

Question regarding Windows PIN & Domain

Hi, I have few questions for Microsoft employees regarding PINs in Windows.

• Why Windows PIN option is disabled in domain by default?
    • Is it a good idea to enable PIN in domain? As I understand it's more secure than password as it's directly tied to hardware unlike passwords.
    • Can I enable PIN for all users in domain from the server? Or do I need to do it manually for each user via group policy editor?
    Thank you in advance.

Ditendra, Jun 8, 2023
  3. bdanmo Win User
    UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Questions Regarding a Laptop Which has Been Temporarily Removed from a Domain

Domain alias

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• Which domain alias are you referring to?

• How did you delete your domain alias?
    Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Questions Regarding a Laptop Which has Been Temporarily Removed from a Domain

1. Questions Regarding a Laptop Which has Been Temporarily Removed from a Domain - Similar Threads - Questions Regarding Laptop

2. Questions Regarding a Laptop Which has Been Temporarily Removed from a Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions Regarding a Laptop Which has Been Temporarily Removed from a Domain: I have a windows 11 laptop. I have had it removed temporarily from the domain it was connected to and am currently using the local administrator account. I have 3 questions:What will happen to all the files and software that I download on this local admin once the laptop gets...
  3. Question regarding Windows PIN & Domain

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Question regarding Windows PIN & Domain: Hi, I have few questions for Microsoft employees regarding PINs in Windows.Why Windows PIN option is disabled in domain by default?Is it a good idea to enable PIN in domain? As I understand it's more secure than password as it's directly tied to hardware unlike passwords.Can...
  4. Question regarding Windows PIN & Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding Windows PIN & Domain: Hi, I have few questions for Microsoft employees regarding PINs in Windows.Why Windows PIN option is disabled in domain by default?Is it a good idea to enable PIN in domain? As I understand it's more secure than password as it's directly tied to hardware unlike passwords.Can...
  5. Question regarding Windows PIN & Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to remove a Virus which has been allowed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a Virus which has been allowed: I allowed a virus that I did not know was a virus at the time so now I can not find out how to find it to remove it.[Original Title: Help] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-virus-which-has-been-allowed/a4564e97-bde4-48b5-a0b3-724aea9ac8c2
  7. Questions regarding removing Windows 10 from laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions regarding removing Windows 10 from laptop: So I bought this laptop that came with Windows 10 (pretty certain it's version 1803) pre-installed. For reasons 100% related to numerous instances of it fighting against my actions (changing file associations back, forced updates hosing a project, etc.) I have decided I want...
  8. After removing from Domain, my laptop is not updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After removing from Domain, my laptop is not updating: Hello All, I am facing this problem since a year. I removed my personal laptop from an organizations domain. Since then windows update is failing. It still shows "*Some settings are managed by your organization" and I can see 4 update policy still under group policy. I...
  9. Domain has been flagged as malicious

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Domain has been flagged as malicious: The domain central-compliance.com was falsely reported by Microsoft in regards to being a phishing attack. These domains belong to a SaaS platform, PhishingBox. PhishingBox provides tools to generate simulated phishing campaigns for authorized clientele. We do not collect any...
  10. Your Mailbox Has Been Temporarily Moved

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Your Mailbox Has Been Temporarily Moved: Hi, folks: I've never seen anything like this before, and hadn't thought of it before, but it may (or may not) have something to do with the last two Insider Builds: [img] I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365, but I still have the notice. This machine is dual boot,...