Windows 10: Questions regarding BSODs and Memory Dumps

Discus and support Questions regarding BSODs and Memory Dumps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community I recently have had some blue screens the recently this month. It happens sporadically but in all of the times the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel-Wang-1999, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Questions regarding BSODs and Memory Dumps

Hello Microsoft Community

I recently have had some blue screens the recently this month. It happens sporadically but in all of the times the computer often restarts too quickly to display an error code on what was the cause.
    Another problem was that I also tried to find the memory.dmp file but it wasn't present in %systemroot% nor was there one in the minidump folder. Despite the fact that I had the default settings with automatic memory dump set as such the whole time.

I suspect the fast restarts may not have given the computer a chance to produce a memory.dmp file but I could be wrong. I've disabled the automatic restarts in the aftermath but I just wanted to ask if there is any other action I could or need to take to ensure that if a BSOD happens in the future, I could at least get some time to read the error message as well as keep a memory dump file?

:)

Daniel-Wang-1999, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Bore07tm Win User

Frequent Memory Dumps

Thank you for your response.

I have uninstalled cccleANER as suggested.

I have turned off real time scanning on McAfee Total Protection.

A couple of questions:

1. How can I check that I am not getting Memory dump files anymore? - they were detected by cccleANER
    2. How can I check that I'm not getting interference between Malwarebytes and McAfee? - i.e. I need to know what level of RAM?
    Thank you for your assistance

Bore07tm, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Driver verifier dump file BSOD

The Memory dump you uploaded was had a bugcheck of 50, not C4(Driver verifier Detected Violation). Nothing constructive was found in the dump, though.

Step 1:

Configure your PC to generate MiniDumps:

Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

Step 2:

Do a memory Test:

Memory problems.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Questions regarding BSODs and Memory Dumps

Windows 10 BSOD with SSD: No mini dump files created!

Hey ZigZag3143,

Many thanks for your reply. All suggestions were already implemented, except the "Kernel memory dump" option. This was previously set to "Minidump file". I've now changed this; lets see what happens at the next BSOD.

Best regards,

Max de Feber

MaxNetherlandsThe, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Questions regarding BSODs and Memory Dumps

1. Questions regarding BSODs and Memory Dumps - Similar Threads - Questions regarding BSODs

2. Question regarding BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  3. Question regarding BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question regarding BSoD: Hello!whenever I start my laptop, it shows BSoD RTKVHD64.sys and not booting I want to recover my data but the laptop shows the blue screen and it starts again and again but not letting me to have a backup of my data ....
  4. BSOD / Memory Dump

BSOD / Memory Dump: The issue is:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.I have been having on and off crashing with this error as well...
  5. BSOD / Memory Dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD / Memory Dump: The issue is:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except.Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory.I have been having on and off crashing with this error as well...
  6. BSOD / Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD - memory dump analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - memory dump analysis: I've been getting BSOD, for a few times now in the last few months. The debugging showed same issue every time. Can someone help me figure out the exact root cause of the issue ?Debugging Details: ------------------ KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.Sec Value: 3 Key :...
  8. BSOD - memory dump analysis

BSOD - memory dump analysis: I've been getting BSOD, for a few times now in the last few months. The debugging showed same issue every time. Can someone help me figure out the exact root cause of the issue ?Debugging Details: ------------------ KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Analysis.CPU.Sec Value: 3 Key :...
  9. BSOD with Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with Memory Dump: I honestly have no idea how to read this, can anyone give me some pointers? Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [c:\windows\minidump\071920-13656-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File:...
  10. BSOD Memory Dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Memory Dump: Just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 i5, 128GB SSD, 8GB RAM. I'm receiving BSOD's even after re-installing the OS Windows 10 Pro x64. I collected the dump file and need confirmation as the error appears to be hardware Memory related. Please analyse and advise. Link to DMP...