Windows 10: Questions regarding license key

Discus and support Questions regarding license key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 sometime back. This was during the time the free upgrade was still available. After some time Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NelsonChristian, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Questions regarding license key

Hi,

I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 sometime back. This was during the time the free upgrade was still available. After some time Windows 10 crashed and so I had to format and install Windows 7 again. Now I bought a license key for Windows 10 pro yesterday and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro today. The license key is yet to reach me. When I checked for activation of my existing Windows 10 pro License it shows it is already activated.

So my question is that should I cancel the order for the license key as my Windows 10 pro is already activated and that too permanently or I need the retail license key? I am confused so thought of posting the question here.

I tried two to three different methods of checking activation and all showed that Windows 10 pro is activated. What do I do? Please help.

:)

NelsonChristian, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Conor1974 Win User

License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Stupid Question Regarding Redundant Windows 10 Licenses

Save some steps if you use the Win8 license

Download the Win8.1 ISO and enter your key when installing.

Set Windows Update to check for updates but let me decide

Then apply the rollups for Windows Server 2012 R2 & Windows 8.1:
    Current Windows Server 2012 / R2 s Eclectic Tips and Tricks
    Start with the April 2014 – http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2919355 and work down the list.

The major rollups are:
    2014 April
    2014 Nov
    2016 May

You can install all of the others to reduce Windows Updates though.

Then finish with Windows Update, check for updates and install what is offered

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2019
  4. tiys Win User

Questions regarding license key

GIVING AWAY: Quake 3, MOH:AA keys

I don't want to start a arguement or anything, or question ur authority, but according to W1zzard,
    I can say fo sho that a key for something is a software license..

Thema:

Questions regarding license key

1. Questions regarding license key - Similar Threads - Questions regarding license

2. Licensing question regarding third party windows 10 retail software key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Licensing question regarding third party windows 10 retail software key: Hi there Dear Community:My son recently found an older computer in the trash, that still had usable hardware. I got it working again, but found that the OS was some Windows 10 Enterprise, that was not activated.I went online a purchased a $25 Windows 10 Pro Retail Key from a...
  3. Licensing question regarding third party windows 10 retail software key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Licensing question regarding third party windows 10 retail software key: Hi there Dear Community:My son recently found an older computer in the trash, that still had usable hardware. I got it working again, but found that the OS was some Windows 10 Enterprise, that was not activated.I went online a purchased a $25 Windows 10 Pro Retail Key from a...
  4. Licensing question regarding third party windows 10 retail software key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro Retail License Transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro Retail License Transfer: I will soon will be be transferring my Win 10 Pro retail license from an old custom computer to a new computer build. Once the license is transferred, will I still have access to personal files on the old computer to transfer via a USB or portable drive. It may take some time...
  6. License regarding

License regarding: Recently I bought a laptop how can I know that my windows is genuine or pirated and what type of licensing I owned eg oem, retail, or volume plz answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-regarding/f579d900-c87c-4546-916d-eb41012d7f45
  7. Questions regarding Win10 Digital License and Cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions regarding Win10 Digital License and Cloning: Hi folks, I upgraded an 11-year old laptop to a new SSD just before Christmas and used the Win 7 key to activate the clean install of Win 10. I'm putting in a bigger SSD and going to use Macrium Reflect to copy the Win 10 machine (so that all M$ Office and all of the other...
  8. QUESTION REGARDING PRODUCT KEY

QUESTION REGARDING PRODUCT KEY: Hi, recently my notebook showed Window Activation License which I need to update the Product Key. But I don't know what is my Product Key. Its do not stated during I bought the notebook, it only stated the serial number and the product number. Can somebody help me. Where I...
  9. Stupid Question Regarding Redundant Windows 10 Licenses

Stupid Question Regarding Redundant Windows 10 Licenses: Hello All, My question is probably very stupid but I will pose it anyway. My current PC is a home built PC that I made in Feb. 2015. At the time that I made my computer I purchased a copy of Windows 8 (not 8.1) Home Edition, which I immediately upgraded to 8.1 and then to...
  10. Quick question regarding windows key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick question regarding windows key: I got some ransomware on my dell laptop about a week ago. Reading about it I will probably have to reinstall the windows iso through flashdrive. If I wanted to explore other OS's and then maybe go back to windows again if I need to, will the auth key still work? It does not...