Windows 10: Questions regarding license key

Discus and support Questions regarding license key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 sometime back. This was during the time the free upgrade was still available. After some time Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NelsonChristian, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Questions regarding license key

Hi,

I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 sometime back. This was during the time the free upgrade was still available. After some time Windows 10 crashed and so I had to format and install Windows 7 again. Now I bought a license key for Windows 10 pro yesterday and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro today. The license key is yet to reach me. When I checked for activation of my existing Windows 10 pro License it shows it is already activated.

So my question is that should I cancel the order for the license key as my Windows 10 pro is already activated and that too permanently or I need the retail license key? I am confused so thought of posting the question here.

I tried two to three different methods of checking activation and all showed that Windows 10 pro is activated. What do I do? Please help.

:)

NelsonChristian, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Conor1974 Win User

License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Stupid Question Regarding Redundant Windows 10 Licenses

Save some steps if you use the Win8 license

Download the Win8.1 ISO and enter your key when installing.

Set Windows Update to check for updates but let me decide

Then apply the rollups for Windows Server 2012 R2 & Windows 8.1:
    Current Windows Server 2012 / R2 s Eclectic Tips and Tricks
    Start with the April 2014 – http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2919355 and work down the list.

The major rollups are:
    2014 April
    2014 Nov
    2016 May

You can install all of the others to reduce Windows Updates though.

Then finish with Windows Update, check for updates and install what is offered

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2019
  4. tiys Win User

Questions regarding license key

GIVING AWAY: Quake 3, MOH:AA keys

I don't want to start a arguement or anything, or question ur authority, but according to W1zzard,
    I can say fo sho that a key for something is a software license..

Thema:

Questions regarding license key

1. Questions regarding license key - Similar Threads - Questions regarding license

2. Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation: Dear All, So I recently bought a new Lenovo Laptop and it came with Windows 10 Home (x64) pre-installed. In my old laptop, I had Windows 10 Home which I had upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Since I wanted Windows 10 Home to be upgraded to Windows 10 Professional in my...
  3. Regarding bitlocker key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding bitlocker key: Hi, I tried to dual boot my laptop and made an extra drive for the same ,but unfortunately I could not do so. In the process my drives got locked by bit-locker . I haven't lock my drive before or tried to use the bit-locker feature . please help me to unlock my...
  4. Question regards with this error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question regards with this error message: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be) Please clarify this message for better knowledge , and what can be the trouble shooting steps that can fix the issue. all my drivers are up to date same goes to bios...
  5. Stupid Question Regarding Redundant Windows 10 Licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stupid Question Regarding Redundant Windows 10 Licenses: Hello All, My question is probably very stupid but I will pose it anyway. My current PC is a home built PC that I made in Feb. 2015. At the time that I made my computer I purchased a copy of Windows 8 (not 8.1) Home Edition, which I immediately upgraded to 8.1 and then to...
  6. Question Regarding Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question Regarding Bluetooth: Hi guys. Just a quick question as i can't seem to find an answer on the web. I'm on latest November build for W10 Pro and Bluetooth is automatically on with no option to toggle it on or off. I've turned off the Bluetooth services etc but still it won't go off. Bit unsure why...
  7. Qurious question regarding NT

in Windows 10 Support
    Qurious question regarding NT: Hey there, a mate of mine asked me this question and truly speaking I do not know the answer, therefore I am putting it to you guys for help. What version of NT would Win 10 be, this statement being based on the past facts that Windows XP was based on NT version 4 etc. So...
  8. Quick question regarding windows key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick question regarding windows key: I got some ransomware on my dell laptop about a week ago. Reading about it I will probably have to reinstall the windows iso through flashdrive. If I wanted to explore other OS's and then maybe go back to windows again if I need to, will the auth key still work? It does not...
  9. License Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    License Questions: Hi there. First time here, in the 10 forums. When I was at the University, I got access to download and use Windows 7 Pro and also Windows 8.1 Pro for free, from a program called DreamSpark. I have original keys and what have you. Last night, I did a clean install of...
  10. Question regarding upgrade options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding upgrade options.: So this has been a nightmare for me. I always prefer a clean installation but this seems almost impossible unless you buy the product. This will be my 4th attempt at Win10. The first time I did the "Refresh my pc" option after I upgraded. It corrupted in the middle lost it...