Windows 10: Quick Acces folder now showing OneDrive Documents after reset.

Discus and support Quick Acces folder now showing OneDrive Documents after reset. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few days ago, I did a full reset on my computer due to numerous reasons. After starting it up, I noticed that, on file explorer, under quick access,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheRangerUnnown, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Quick Acces folder now showing OneDrive Documents after reset.

A few days ago, I did a full reset on my computer due to numerous reasons. After starting it up, I noticed that, on file explorer, under quick access, the documents folder was now my OneDrive documents folder. I don't use OneDrive on Windows 10 file explorer, as I prefer the setup on the online one.

Either way, is there a way to set the documents on quick access as the actually document folder on my PC instead of the OneDrive edition.

Note also that I have disabled OneDrive already on my PC.

Many Thanks,

Ethan

:)

TheRangerUnnown, Apr 4, 2020
  2. CP2009 Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Thank you for the quick response, Micah.

My documents are already being saved to 'This PC only'.

The Documents folder in the libraries is correct (local drive).

The Documents folder in the quick access area is correct (local drive).

The only thing that is incorrect is the documents folder under 'This PC'?

Also is 'winhelponline.com' affiliated with Microsoft?

Thanks again

CP2009, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Bertilak Win User
    Documents folder shows both in and out of OneDrive folder, as well as in a "library"

Why does file explorer show my Documents folder both in OneDrive (where it really exists) and in my home folder (where it does not really exist)? And what is this library thing that also has a redundant way of accessing the Documents folder?

In other words,

1. if I go to C:\Users\<myname> there is no Documents folder, BUT
    2. if click on my home directory icon on the desktop it DOES show me a Documents folder, an apparent conflict with number 1.
    3. If I look at Libraries I see a Documents Library that contains the same Documents folder, an apparent redundancy.
    This folder is actually in (and only in) my OneDrive folder. If I put a file in any of those places it shows up in all places, so it's really all the same place.

Are there multiple, unrelated, concepts conspiring to obfuscate things to the point where I might inadvertently delete something I shouldn't?

Bertilak, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Quick Acces folder now showing OneDrive Documents after reset.

Cannot Unpin from Quick Access Since Microsoft Switched Local Documents and Pictures to OneDrive Folders

Hi Nathan,

This issue may have occurred due to some system conflict after the updates on your PC. To resolve this, we suggest that you reset the Quick Access folder. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R then copy and paste the file location:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    • Select all files showing and delete it.
    Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.

Eileen Gal, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Quick Acces folder now showing OneDrive Documents after reset.

1. Quick Acces folder now showing OneDrive Documents after reset. - Similar Threads - Quick Acces folder

2. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  3. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  4. Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder: Hi there,Upon returning to my laptop after a few hours, I noticed that a program stored in my documents folder wasn't launching. I looked in Documents and all of the contents except for 2 folders I used today are now gone and transferred to OneDrive even though I usually...
  5. Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder

Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder: Hi there,Upon returning to my laptop after a few hours, I noticed that a program stored in my documents folder wasn't launching. I looked in Documents and all of the contents except for 2 folders I used today are now gone and transferred to OneDrive even though I usually...
  6. OneDrive is now my Documents system folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is now my Documents system folder: I did not want the entire OneDrive to be my Documents system folder, but it is. I intended to have a subfolder in OneDrive designated as the Documents system folder. So now I am stuck because every file on my OneDrive is in the Documents system folder. What are my options? If...
  7. OneDrive is now my Documents system folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is now my Documents system folder: I did not want the entire OneDrive to be my Documents system folder, but it is. I intended to have a subfolder in OneDrive designated as the Documents system folder. So now I am stuck because every file on my OneDrive is in the Documents system folder. What are my options? If...
  8. OneDrive is now my Documents system folder

9. Documents not showing up after restore in the Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents not showing up after restore in the Quick Access Folders: I just restored a back-up from older Surface Laptop 1 to a new Surface Laptop 2, but none of the documents are showing up in the quick access "Documents" folder. I can find the restored documents under "Local Disk C: > Users > MyName > Documents", but this is a long way to...
  10. Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders: Hello. I am new to the forums and I just bought a brand new Lenovo G51 laptop less than a week ago. It is a nice computer and the only problem I have with it is that when I signed in to OneDrive it shows under "This PC" the Documents, Pictures folders from OneDrive instead of...