Windows 10: Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed?

Discus and support Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Quick Access folder suddenly sorts all files by Type and Name as second criterium, grouped per week. This is a really strange set-up, and a useless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisLHK, Apr 23, 2022.

1. ChrisLHK Win User

Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed?

My Quick Access folder suddenly sorts all files by Type and Name as second criterium, grouped per week. This is a really strange set-up, and a useless one for that.I want it to sort by Date Accessed again, but can't seem to figure out how. If I go to the View panel, the option to 'Sort By' is greyed out. Does anyone have an idea how to see the most recently accessed file on top of the list again? I'm using Windows 10 Home.

:)

ChrisLHK, Apr 23, 2022

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Catbill Win User
    Can't we sort Quick Access items?

In File Explorer, I want the items appearing under Quick Access to be sorted alphabetically. However, "sort" is grayed out.

Further down the list in the sidebar, items under "This PC" can be sorted. Why in the world is this not possible for Quick Access?

Catbill, Apr 23, 2022
  4. Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed?

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed?

1. Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed? - Similar Threads - Quick Acces sort

2. Can I sort the Quick Access list?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I sort the Quick Access list?: If the Quick Access list contains more than a few entries, it is very difficult to use. Did the geniuses at M$FT provide a way to sort it? I am guessing they did not as that would be way to much customer care, but I thought I'd ask....
  3. Can I sort the Quick Access list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I sort the Quick Access list?: If the Quick Access list contains more than a few entries, it is very difficult to use. Did the geniuses at M$FT provide a way to sort it? I am guessing they did not as that would be way to much customer care, but I thought I'd ask....
  4. Can I sort the Quick Access list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sort by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  6. sort by date

sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  7. Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed?: My Quick Access folder suddenly sorts all files by Type and Name as second criterium, grouped per week. This is a really strange set-up, and a useless one for that.I want it to sort by Date Accessed again, but can't seem to figure out how. If I go to the View panel, the...
  8. Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed?

Quick Acces - sort by Date Accessed?: My Quick Access folder suddenly sorts all files by Type and Name as second criterium, grouped per week. This is a really strange set-up, and a useless one for that.I want it to sort by Date Accessed again, but can't seem to figure out how. If I go to the View panel, the...
  9. Sorting Search Results Changes Date Accessed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorting Search Results Changes Date Accessed: When I use the search feature of File Explorer in Windows 10 to generate a list of files that meet a certain criteria a partial name search or a date accessed range for example it behaves as expected returning a list of files. If, however, I then click on the file name...
  10. sorting Quick Access alphabetic

in Windows 10 Support
    sorting Quick Access alphabetic: hey guys, we all (i think) use Quick Access infile explorer, right? Is there a possibility to sort the files in Quick Access alphabetic? thanks Jeff 26960