Windows 10: Quick Access a daily nuisance not cooperating at all for work flow

Discus and support Quick Access a daily nuisance not cooperating at all for work flow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Quick access: I can not empty it I can not make it sort. Do we have any control over quick access ? Any registry hacks to at least tell it not to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Feb 25, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Quick Access a daily nuisance not cooperating at all for work flow

Quick access: I can not empty it I can not make it sort. Do we have any control over quick access ? Any registry hacks to at least tell it not to automatically populate ? So can at the very least make shortcuts to folders filled with links ??
    any registry info on quick access ?

:)

DonMurray, Feb 25, 2020
  2. DonMurray Win User

Quick Access Work Flow problems

Quick Access a daily nuisance not cooperating at all for work flow [​IMG]

It just seams to put them in there in a random place. Quick access speeds my workflow and keeps me from spending hours digging and pocking around to place things. IN windows 7 it places a new quick access on the bottom but here windows 10 refuses to let me do this.
    The reason why its like this is digging my side but I will try to ignore the why and try to figure out a solution. I thought about making a folder in the quick access that I can then put my own shortcuts in. Build 1713

DonMurray, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Quick Access a daily nuisance not cooperating at all for work flow

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Quick Access a daily nuisance not cooperating at all for work flow

1. Quick Access a daily nuisance not cooperating at all for work flow - Similar Threads - Quick Access daily

2. My windows laptop doesn’t cooperate with me at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows laptop doesn’t cooperate with me at all.: When I open storage settings, it says its full. Though when I check the disk, its far from it. I’ve tried a lot, even resetting my laptop completely. It doesn’t allow me to do that. The laptop just freezes when i click “Get Started” I attempted to power off the laptop then...
  3. Several Problems with Windows 11, which increases the daily work flow immensely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Problems with Windows 11, which increases the daily work flow immensely: I changed to Windows 11. But Compared to Windows 10 there are a few, maybe for Windows minor changes but that increases the daily work flow immensely. - The worst thing is, that you can't ungroup instances of the same Application. Sure with hacks, then it's probably possible,...
  4. Several Problems with Windows 11, which increases the daily work flow immensely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several Problems with Windows 11, which increases the daily work flow immensely: I changed to Windows 11. But Compared to Windows 10 there are a few, maybe for Windows minor changes but that increases the daily work flow immensely. - The worst thing is, that you can't ungroup instances of the same Application. Sure with hacks, then it's probably possible,...
  5. Search quick access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search quick access not working: First to know, this happens normally when the computer turns on and then is using a search. When I try to type something for search in "search quick access " search simply doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't allow me to type a word to execute a search, and at the very...
  6. Quick Access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access not working: On my Windows 10 machine Quick Access has suddenly stopped working. All the folders which were in in it have disappeared, and I am unable to pin folders to it. Neither right-clicking and selecting "Pin to Quick access" or dragging-and-dropping folders to QA work. I do not...
  7. Quick Access a daily nuesnacne not cooperating at all for work flow

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access a daily nuesnacne not cooperating at all for work flow: Quick access: I can not empty it I can not make it sort. Do we have any control over quick access ? Any registry hacks to at least tell it not to automatically populate ? So can at the very least make shortcuts to folders filled with links ?? any registry info on quick...
  8. Quick Access Work Flow problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Work Flow problems: [img] It just seams to put them in there in a random place. Quick access speeds my workflow and keeps me from spending hours digging and pocking around to place things. IN windows 7 it places a new quick access on the bottom but here windows 10 refuses to let me do this....
  9. Quick Access - now not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access - now not working: Hi, This stopped allowing me to add locations to the sidebar in File Explorer some time ago (even though I can see them in the Quick access directory) and I tried various fixes since, none of which have worked. I tried: - deleting the files in Registry for...
  10. Quick access not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access not working: Some folks may not know what Quick access is, if you open File Explorer (or Windows Explorer as it used to be), on the left hand side menu in first place you have Quick access with a blue star icon. I recently reinstalled Windows and QA worked for a while, but at some point...