Windows 10: Quick Access actually still doesn't work

Discus and support Quick Access actually still doesn't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday Ramesh and Greg helped me get "Quick Access" working - to a degree. Now I notice that if you open a file from "File Explorer" it appears in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikeslovakia, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Quick Access actually still doesn't work

Yesterday Ramesh and Greg helped me get "Quick Access" working - to a degree. Now I notice that if you open a file from "File Explorer" it appears in "Quick Access" "Recent Activity". If you open it from within the application - say Excel - then it doesn't appear there. ???????Secondly 6 files which were opened from "File Explorer" appear on the "Start" menu - entirely the wrong place I hope we all agree - but only 1 appears in "Quick Access" "Recent Activity". ????????How long has Windows 11 been on the market? Do we think that its an improvement over Windows 10? Perhaps the answer is no and

:)

mikeslovakia, Aug 27, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Quick Access actually still doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 27, 2022
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 27, 2022
  4. Quick Access actually still doesn't work

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 27, 2022
Thema:

Quick Access actually still doesn't work

1. Quick Access actually still doesn't work - Similar Threads - Quick Access actually

2. Quick Access actually still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access actually still doesn't work: Yesterday Ramesh and Greg helped me get "Quick Access" working - to a degree. Now I notice that if you open a file from "File Explorer" it appears in "Quick Access" "Recent Activity". If you open it from within the application - say Excel - then it doesn't appear there....
  3. Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly: when I access the Quick Access folder all I get is 4 folders - Desktop, Downloads, Documents this PC and Pictures this PC. As someone who uses Onedrive almost completely this is useless. I've been working on my PC all day and none of the folders I've accessed appear here....
  4. Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't "Quick access" work properly: when I access the Quick Access folder all I get is 4 folders - Desktop, Downloads, Documents this PC and Pictures this PC. As someone who uses Onedrive almost completely this is useless. I've been working on my PC all day and none of the folders I've accessed appear here....
  5. Quick Access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access not working: On my Windows 10 machine Quick Access has suddenly stopped working. All the folders which were in in it have disappeared, and I am unable to pin folders to it. Neither right-clicking and selecting "Pin to Quick access" or dragging-and-dropping folders to QA work. I do not...
  6. quick access folder having not same name as actual folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    quick access folder having not same name as actual folder: i was messing around with quick access folders changing locations but now its stuck on a name which is not the same as the actual folder, but i cant change the name of a quick access folder. is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link] [comments]...
  7. Quick Access File doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access File doesn't work: Hello, After upgraded from W10 1703 to W10 1809 I have an issue, so far luckly in just two computers (one is mine :-| ). The symptom is that Office 2010 cannot store the recent files open. I can see just the recent folders. I have spent time to search some options or so......
  8. Still doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Still doesn't work!: My PC still shuts down at 20% It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-doesnt-work/e294e260-d1b2-4b28-95ad-9105465a1f7c
  9. Quick access not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access not working: Some folks may not know what Quick access is, if you open File Explorer (or Windows Explorer as it used to be), on the left hand side menu in first place you have Quick access with a blue star icon. I recently reinstalled Windows and QA worked for a while, but at some point...
  10. Quick Access shortcut to folder on Android phone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access shortcut to folder on Android phone doesn't work: I added a directory from my Android phone to the Windows 'Quick Access' area but when I disconnect my phone and reconnect it again, that shortcut no longer works. I'd much prefer if it did. Screenshot: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet 85635