Windows 10: Quick access and HDDs

Discus and support Quick access and HDDs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to add my Hard Drives to Quick Access through the registry or another way. Possibly not manually. Anyone got any ideas? 66087 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry06, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Jerry06 Win User

Quick access and HDDs

I would like to add my Hard Drives to Quick Access through the registry or another way. Possibly not manually. Anyone got any ideas?

:)

Jerry06, Oct 5, 2016
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Fastest Area of a Hard Disk: File Placement

" WHY NOT?"

... SSD

A couple more years, and price per GB will be comparable to HDD.

- With HDD, atm... 'Page File', 'Prefetch' and 'Superfetch' . All help with quick access of frequently accessed stuff.

BossDweeb, Oct 5, 2016
  3. permissions

also is this an internal HDD or USB HDD

or is it a Thumb Drive????

if you have room on your c:\os

I would try safe mode and if you can access it, move the files to c:\ from f:

then format f: quick ntfs

restart normal and see if you can access it.

I am crashing talk to you later

seahawks65, Oct 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Quick access and HDDs

Hi, Right click the drive, click 'Pin to Quick Access'

dalchina, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

Quick access and HDDs

1. Quick access and HDDs - Similar Threads - Quick access HDDs

2. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access: My recently used files, pictures, folders are not showing up in Quick Access. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access/67635b7c-fa07-41e7-a62f-cbf62ea4cd60
  3. Quick Access

Quick Access: How do I set a certain limit to how many folders/files Quick Access has to display aside from those I have pinned? For example, I have 4 pinned, and I want it to show 3 more suggestions in addition to what I've pinned and not any more....
  4. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access: In the Windows Explorer, 'Quick access' is a very useful feature where recently opened files, folders or applications are displayed for reopening without much explorer browsing. Please see the following screenshot. [ATTACH] Screenshots, Box Sync, Onedrive, Dropbox and...
  5. quick access

quick access: When I pull up a quick access, I want to see the pictures in it. Not some icon for how it should be opened. I wanna see the actual picture. I tried all the supposed 'fixes' and nothing works. Can someone pls help me. Am running windows 10 on my laptop.Thanks...
  6. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  7. Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access: On Windows 10 -I have Documents under Quick Access - that are identical to PC documents. If I delete a file on Quick Access it deletes it on PC. How do I get rid of the dual files and not loose anything? Is this taking up my storage or hard drive, I am running slower and...
  8. Quick Access

Quick Access: Is there a way to force Windows 10 to cause all Open commands in Explorer and Office to always open directly on a pre-chosen folder in Quick Access? I am aware of making the choice in View Options of This PC or Quick Access, but that will not direct to a particular always...
  9. quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    quick access: When you add things anomalously to the quick access why do you not allow the users to delete old flawed information completely? When you allow old information, that in most cases has been changed or altered, then you hurt the MS users by having them click on the information...
  10. quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    quick access: When I am in windows explorer and enter a folder on a mapped drive. I then click on pin current folder to quick access. It puts the current folder. Lets call it video. Now in the quick access is a folder named video. But if the folder video has a sub folder called temp and I...