Windows 10: Quick access appears instead of folder content

Discus and support Quick access appears instead of folder content in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on a folder on my desktop quick access appears instead of the folder content. https://fat.gfycat.com/PitifulCapitalChupacabra.webm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fozter, Jun 9, 2016.

1. fozter Win User

Quick access appears instead of folder content

When I click on a folder on my desktop quick access appears instead of the folder content.

https://fat.gfycat.com/PitifulCapitalChupacabra.webm

I've just updated to w10 insider preview build 14361 but I have had this problem since build 14352.

:)

fozter, Jun 9, 2016

2. Quick access pinning and unpinning does not work in Windows 10.

Hi!

I've the same problem, and tried out the steps above.

The result was "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

And it's still not fixed.

There are some other symptoms I've noticed.

If I drag and drop a folder onto the Quick access sidebar, the previous quick access folder that was pinned disappears, and the new folder appears. Clicking on the "Quick Access" to show the contents, and thereafter dragging and dropping a folder does not
    work, and nothing changes.

Still unable to pin more than one folder to the quick access, although now I can remove the one folder that is pinned.

Jerome Tay, Jun 9, 2016
  3. RW2539 Win User
    Expand Quick Access menu (view subfolders) in Windows Explorer

I just started having the same issue. I run 3 different PCs on Win 10 and two of them let me expand the Quick Access folder on the left to show the contents. But one machine doesn't. I have to click on Quick Access and then view the contents from the center
    section.

Settings between the machines appear to be identical.

Not having the expanded view available removes most of the value in having a Quick Access or Favorites at all.

RW2539, Jun 9, 2016
  4. fozter Win User

I tried to disable quick access but that just redirects me to the onedrive folder. And disabling the onedrive folder redirects me to "this pc"

fozter, Jun 9, 2016
  5. hexaae Win User
    Try this:

• run RegEdit
    • export as AllFolders.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders"
    • delete whole "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags"
    • merge back in the registry the AllFolders.reg backup
    This will reset your folders view and hopefully solve your problems. I use that also when Quick Access randomly gets trashed and starts to display as a normal folder...

hexaae, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick access appears instead of folder content - Similar Threads - Quick access appears

2. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  3. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  4. Quick Access Folders

Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  5. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  6. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  7. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

8. Why won't my quick access folders open *IN* quick access? Instead they switch immediately...

Why won't my quick access folders open *IN* quick access? Instead they switch immediately...: I often open many quick access folders, repeatedly switching back and forth between them. I believe that's the point isn't it? Well at the moment I can't because on my reinstalled Win10 box, whenever I open a quick access folder, it switches to view the folder in its original...
  9. Folder not appearing in quick access anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder not appearing in quick access anymore: NVM request deletion, reverting back to an older image since nothing really changed 178841
  10. QUICK ACCESS MENU NOT APPEARING

QUICK ACCESS MENU NOT APPEARING: Hi, my quick access menu is not showing at all, the whole bar is gone. It used to be there, but i restored my pc and it reinstalled fine but now it is gone. I have tried clearing the privacy settings in "folder options" and also tried the commands: -del...