Windows 10: Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903

Discus and support Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So far the 1903 upgrade from 1803 is working okay, that is until I used Quick Access. Before when I clicked on a QA link, it would open the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rafisher1, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Rafisher1 Win User

Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903

So far the 1903 upgrade from 1803 is working okay, that is until I used Quick Access.

Before when I clicked on a QA link, it would open the folder in the navigation pane, now it does not. It just shows the contents.

Second issue is after I unpinned and deleted the Automaticdestinations file, and repinned the items to the QA they don't have the same folder configuration.

Navigated to this folder - note the right pane layout

Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903 281c1873-67fb-4666-b473-c05878089499?upload=true.jpg

This is the same folder from the QA link - note the layout in the right pane and that the navigation in the left pane below did not expand

Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903 0b549349-2c88-4ebb-8a41-0c090b61222a?upload=true.jpg

And the subfolders also have the wrong layout.

This makes QA pretty much useless.

I am hoping it is a setting issue.

:)

Rafisher1, Aug 22, 2019

2. Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903

1. Quick Access broken after upgrade to 1903 - Similar Threads - Quick Access broken

2. Quick Search Broken after Windows Update

in Cortana
    Quick Search Broken after Windows Update: Before the update, at any time, I could:1. Press the Windows Key.2. Type in the name of the desired app I wanted to use say, Firefox.3. Hit enter to load the app.All of it without touching the mouse.After the update, all I can do is:1. Press the Windows Key2. Try to type but...
  3. File explorer is broken, not showing anything but an empty quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer is broken, not showing anything but an empty quick access: When I open file explorer the thumbnails just shows the white paper symbol no matter if the file in question is a folder, picture, or anything else.Then when I close file explorer and open it again the only thing shown is an empty quick access screen.I've tried to run sfc...
  4. quick access

quick access: When I pull up a quick access, I want to see the pictures in it. Not some icon for how it should be opened. I wanna see the actual picture. I tried all the supposed 'fixes' and nothing works. Can someone pls help me. Am running windows 10 on my laptop.Thanks...
  5. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  6. 1903 update has broken iCloud access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 update has broken iCloud access: 1903 update has broken iCloud access. I cannot access iCloud now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1903-update-has-broken-icloud-access/e92b7fcc-6c4c-46b1-a10f-050784639943
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF broken following upgrade to 1903.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Print to PDF broken following upgrade to 1903.: Microsoft Print to PDF broken following upgrade to 1903. optionalfeatures.exe shows it listed but unchecked. Attempts to turn it back on result in error 0x800F0922. Attempts to install via Printers and Scanners > Add a Printer> The printer I want wasn't listed >>> offer...
  8. Broken Quick Access

Broken Quick Access: Today I've noticed that my quick access in file explorer is now just complete empty and i don't know why. However if I use a program to browser files quick access works just fine. Please someone help me. [ATTACH] This is broken [ATTACH] But This is not....
  9. Microsoft Store broken after 1903 update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store broken after 1903 update: I upgraded to the 1903 build a couple of days ago and all seems fine apart from a few Microsoft Store apps and the Store application itself. Usually, when faced with a failed MS Store app I can uninstall the app (either using the GUI or Powershell) and reinstall but since...
  10. Quick access broken, registry changes do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access broken, registry changes do not work: While trying to tweak Quick Access, I somehow broke it and no matter what I do, it is stuck as shown in the screenshot. It doesn't get removed or restored with the registry keys but I am also unable to add or pin anything to it and recent files/folders are not displayed....