Windows 10: Quick Access default open list to top of page?

Discus and support Quick Access default open list to top of page? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I open File Explorer, I would like the left panel to open up with the Quick Access list of my folders from the very top, and also have the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Buckwheat6, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Quick Access default open list to top of page?

When I open File Explorer, I would like the left panel to open up with the Quick Access list of my folders from the very top, and also have the right panel open up to "This PC". (Currently I have the Navigation Pane default set to open to "This PC", but unfortunately since I have quite a few Quick Access folders, the Quick Access side always shows the bottom of the list so I have to click and drag that pane up to the top.) Is there a fix for this, or am I just out of luck?

submitted by /u/Buckwheat6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Buckwheat6, Sep 9, 2022

2. Quick access opens on the bottom

Why the heck does "Quick Access" in Win Explorer or an office 365 app open/save always open at the bottom of the list - have to drag it to the top to see things in the order I have put them in. Quick Access is very useful but, can not imagine why it comes
    defaulted to open at the bottom of the list. this causes another click and drag which kind of defeats the purpose of a "quick access" - I drag and drop folders to get them in a top down order of use -thanks in advance

SteveHuhta, Sep 9, 2022
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 9, 2022
  4. Quick Access default open list to top of page?

Cannot unping wrong Download Folder from Quick Access

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you follow the instruction provided below and check if it helps.

To unpin the download folder from Quick access.

• Right click on download folder.
    • Select unpin from Quick access.

To unpin the download folder from Quick access.

• Right click on download folder.
    • Select pin from Quick access.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Press the Windows logo key + E key, to open File Explorer.
    • Click on View tab.
    • Click on Options button, located in top right corner of the window.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Click on Restore to default button.
    • Click OK.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 9, 2022
Thema:

Quick Access default open list to top of page?

1. Quick Access default open list to top of page? - Similar Threads - Quick Access default

2. How to move "Desktop" to top of Quick Access list in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move "Desktop" to top of Quick Access list in Windows 11: The link to my Desktop on Quick Access is defaulted to the bottom. Ideally, I would like this at the top, above Downloads. I can drag and move all other folders, hidden names for privacy including Downloads, but when I drag and move the Desktop, it will show it moved then...
  3. How to move "Desktop" to top of Quick Access list in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move "Desktop" to top of Quick Access list in Windows 11: The link to my Desktop on Quick Access is defaulted to the bottom. Ideally, I would like this at the top, above Downloads. I can drag and move all other folders, hidden names for privacy including Downloads, but when I drag and move the Desktop, it will show it moved then...
  4. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  5. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  6. OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list: Hello,OneDrive is currently stuck on my Quick Access list in File Explorer and it will not let me delete/unpin it. When I try to I get this message:[Window Title] explorer.exe [Content] This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...
  7. OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list

OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list: Hello,OneDrive is currently stuck on my Quick Access list in File Explorer and it will not let me delete/unpin it. When I try to I get this message:[Window Title] explorer.exe [Content] This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...
  8. Quick Access Page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Page: Hello Microsoft, When I opened my Windows Explorer, I was redirected to the quick access page, there I saw that the 3d objects folder and all folders are disappeared. I need a help with that to bring them back.[ATTACH]...
  9. recovery quick access default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recovery quick access default: My Documents is accidentally "stealed" by OneDrive. I rest to my original location after stop "Backup" by one drive but have 2 side effect. 1) the link "Documents" under Quick access is still point to OneDrive location. Link under "This PC" is correct. 2) When I search from...
  10. Open file explorer with quick access blank page

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file explorer with quick access blank page: I got a blank page when I open explorer which is set to open on quick access see screenshot 155878