Windows 10: Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back

Discus and support Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As in the title already mentioned, the desktop icon from Qucik Access constantly keeps coming back. I already followed the regestry changes which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Qelamr, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Qelamr Win User

Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back

As in the title already mentioned, the desktop icon from Qucik Access constantly keeps coming back.

I already followed the regestry changes which every guide points out, but sometimes if I restart the explorer in the task manager or start a game the desktop icon keeps coming back and I have to refresh my desktop.

Did I miss some settings or is this a bug because Quick Acces isn't supposed to be deactivated?

Qelmar

:)

Qelamr, Apr 3, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Quick Access is shut off but the icon keeps appearing on the desktop until I refresh

Quick Access is shut off but the icon keeps appearing on the desktop until I refresh

Just another bug in the long list of windows 10 bugs?

Admrl Ackbar, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back

Desktop/ Quick Access

Hi Shawn,

Again thanks for your help.

I followed steps 1 and 2 and found all my desktop icons, tried to drag the blue desktop icon down and put it in Quick Access, it dragged down but would not locate in QA. Is there another way to acheive this.

Regards .

DavidWestlake_910, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back

1. Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back - Similar Threads - Quick Access Desktop

2. Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access: Hi, for a couple of days I can no longer see the desktop icon correctly in quick access. What I see is a new folder icon and I haven't been able to change it. I tried removing and re-adding "Desktop" to quick access, but that didn't work. Also if I try to create a shortcut...
  3. Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access: Hi, for a couple of days I can no longer see the desktop icon correctly in quick access. What I see is a new folder icon and I haven't been able to change it. I tried removing and re-adding "Desktop" to quick access, but that didn't work. Also if I try to create a shortcut...
  4. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back: I have done everything in the topic "Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-shadow-for-desktop-icon-text-font-keeps/484f0cb2-f87e-41e1-a37f-a01735e25e6c, including setting every drop shadow setting...
  5. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back: I have done everything in the topic "Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-shadow-for-desktop-icon-text-font-keeps/484f0cb2-f87e-41e1-a37f-a01735e25e6c including setting every drop shadow setting...
  6. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back: I have done everything in the topic "Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-shadow-for-desktop-icon-text-font-keeps/484f0cb2-f87e-41e1-a37f-a01735e25e6c including setting every drop shadow setting...
  7. Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back: Hi,I installed Windows 11, and I disabled the drop shadow of desktop icons in Advanced / Performance dialog box. But, when I drag a window all the way to the left or to the right to tile vertically two windows, the drop shadow comes back.How can I disable for good the shadow...
  8. Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back

Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back: Hi,I installed Windows 11, and I disabled the drop shadow of desktop icons in Advanced / Performance dialog box. But, when I drag a window all the way to the left or to the right to tile vertically two windows, the drop shadow comes back.How can I disable for good the shadow...
  9. Quick links keep coming back after removing them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick links keep coming back after removing them: I'm using Micosoft 10 on Edge in my HP laptop. On the MSN home screen there are quick links listed at the top to websites. I want to remove them. When I click on the 3 dots next to each link, it shows rename or remove. I click remove and they disappear. After I close the...
  10. Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop: Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop?? I have to clear Edge's browser data and then restart Explorer to remove it. James 65048