Windows 10: Quick Access Disappears...

Discus and support Quick Access Disappears... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When opening a folder/file in File Explorer from the Quick Access items, File Explorer sometimes, but not always will open up the tree under "This PC".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Doug8823, May 4, 2020.

1. Doug8823 Win User

Quick Access Disappears...

When opening a folder/file in File Explorer from the Quick Access items, File Explorer sometimes, but not always will open up the tree under "This PC". This often takes me to sub-sub-sub-folders of the Quick Access item, and because the tree is so large, my Quick Access items, which I use all the time, disappear at the top of the screen, and then I have to scroll up to use them again. Is there a way to STOP File Explorer from opening its tree to the exact subfolder of the document I'm working with? It's really frustrating.

OR, is there a way to hide the items below Quick Access, including OneDrive, This PC, etc.?

Thanks!

Doug

:)

Doug8823, May 4, 2020

2. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, May 4, 2020
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 4, 2020
  4. Quick Access Disappears...

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Quick Access Disappears...

1. Quick Access Disappears... - Similar Threads - Quick Access Disappears

2. Quick access in Explorer disappears inexplicably

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access in Explorer disappears inexplicably: Dear CommunityI am facing a pressing issue in the support department of my company regarding the Quick Access bar in Windows Explorer, which inexplicably disappears. The pinned links there are getting detached and simply vanish.All devices in our company are using:Windows 11...
  3. Quick access folder has disappeared

Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  4. Quick access disappeared from This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access disappeared from This PC: Hi there,I noticed that Quick access shortcuts [Documents, Download, etc.] disappeared from This PC.Now only showing the local Hard Disksdidn't find any option to show it back?any help is appreciated.Thanks...
  5. Quick access disappeared from This PC

Quick access disappeared from This PC: Hi there,I noticed that Quick access shortcuts [Documents, Download, etc.] disappeared from This PC.Now only showing the local Hard Disksdidn't find any option to show it back?any help is appreciated.Thanks...
  6. Quick Access has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access has disappeared: Just went to save a file and the 'Quick Access' option in the save dialogue has disappeared. I ran a scan using an elevated command prompt sfc / scannow and this came up clean. Attempting to add items to 'Add to Quick Access' via the context menu doesn't do anything. Thanks...
  7. Quick Access has disappeared

Quick Access has disappeared: Just went to save a file and the 'Quick Access' option in the save dialogue has disappeared. I ran a scan using an elevated command prompt sfc / scannow and this came up clean. Attempting to add items to 'Add to Quick Access' via the context menu doesn't do anything. Thanks...
  8. Quick Access Disappeared Links

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Disappeared Links: File Explorer Quick Access is missing all of the links I added to it, leaving only the default "desktop" "downloads" documents" and “pictures". I’ve been on hold with MS tech support for two and a half hours. Should I just give up and rebuild it? I’d also been having issues...
  9. Quick Access Pins Disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappear: The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappear/5596e1d2-9295-4c4c-a0be-d9080ac59077
  10. Quick access has disappeared completely.

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access has disappeared completely.: Hey Guys, I've reinstalled my whole computer few weeks ago and was running one of the batch windows 10 un-necessary tweaks remover tools... And my quick access was also gone. Could you please help me to understand how to solve it? It is enabled in explorer settings so i'm...