Windows 10: Quick Access, Documents, multiple windows

Discus and support Quick Access, Documents, multiple windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I hope you can help me today, I've been having a problem that's been driving me up the wall. I have my "Documents" folder under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rinarunine, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Quick Access, Documents, multiple windows

Hello everyone! I hope you can help me today, I've been having a problem that's been driving me up the wall.

I have my "Documents" folder under Quick Access when I open the File Explorer. Every time I open a folder within the Documents folder that is sitting under Quick Access, it opens multiple folders. Sometimes it'll open one extra folder, sometimes two. For example:

Opening Documents > then Adobe, the Adobe folder will open in a new window. Sometimes it'll open two new windows.

This only happens for the Documents folder under Quick Access. If I go the long route and open Documents by going to Users > [Username] > Documents, it opens folders within the same File Explorer.

No other folder under Quick Access has this problem. If I Unpin the Documents folder from Quick Access, and add it again, it continues to do this.

I thought this was a sign of a more serious problem, so I rolled back to a previous Restore Point. Nothing changed, still having the problem. I ran Avast and Malwarebytes, and they didn't come up with anything. I've tried sfc /scannow under an elevated command prompt and although it did fix errors, it didn't fix that problem.

:)

rinarunine, Feb 24, 2016

2. How to find a list of Recent Documents in Windows 10

I'm sorry to say that File Explorer, Quick Access sucks. It just saved a pdf copy of this page to my My Documents, Computer folder. In Win7, my computer folder would show up in "Recent Files". Guess what isn't in "Quick Access"? I found this very handy
    when saving multiple documents to the same folder even in a different browsing session.

RDanis_848, Feb 24, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Lost all my picture after Windows 10 version 1709 update

Lee, when you open Windows file explorer, do you see Quick Access at the top of Windows file explorer.

In Quick Access, if you click on Pictures are your pictures there?

In Quick Access, if you click on Documents, are your documents there?

DaveM121, Feb 24, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Quick Access, Documents, multiple windows

Hello rinarunine,

Something you could try is to restore default options for your folders. Type Folder options into the search box and select File Explorer Options. In the window that opens press the Restore Defaults and see if this fixes it. You may have to change some of the settings back again if you had previously adjusted them but it might sort out the problem.

philc43, Feb 24, 2016
  5. I tried what you suggested and it didn't make a difference. The problem still persists.

rinarunine, Feb 24, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Feb 24, 2016
  7. It's unfortunate that the problem was never fixed. ): That user definitely had the same problem.

Is there any suggestion out there for me to try? I'm unable to PM the user until I have more posts under my belt.

rinarunine, Feb 24, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

I asked the question in that thread - let's see if they respond.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick Access, Documents, multiple windows - Similar Threads - Quick Access Documents

2. Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures and Documents Folders will not appear in quick access: A few months back I got a new PC, and in the process of trying to prevent onedrive from messing with my files its full and currently gives me an obnoxious notification that it can't sync if i don't have it disabled, i had to delete my Pictures/Documents folders and recreate...
  3. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  4. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  5. Can't pin documents folder to quick access?

Can't pin documents folder to quick access?: I am running windows 11 home. I can pin other folders to quick access but NOT documents.Any idea what is causing this? Please help if possible.Thanks in advance...
  6. Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access

Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access: It is as simple as that. I try to pin it and it just does not work. I tried right clicking and selecting pin to quickstart , it did not work. Then I tried to drag it to quick start and it did not work either.This only started happening until I decided that I did not want one...
  7. Windows 10 Quick Access Documents missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Quick Access Documents missing: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Workgroup Windows Explorer left side Quick Access does not show Documents the folder that can be redirected or desktop We like to redirect to documents, desktop downloads in one Drive business Have followed...
  8. Windows 10 Quick Access Documents missing

Windows 10 Quick Access Documents missing: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Workgroup Windows Explorer left side Quick Access does not show Documents Have followed https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/310746/configuration-of-the-my-documents-folder...
  9. Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List: My list of Recent Documents is not showing up in either my Task Bar or Start Menu. I have opened Word Options / Advanced, and selected to display 10 recent documents, but they're not showing up. They used to show up, but suddenly not anymore. My Excel still shows its...
  10. accessing documents on Quick access

accessing documents on Quick access: Windows 10 - I can no longer access the latest documents I'm working on in Quick Access - just offers folders. This happened about two weeks ago. How do I fix it?...