Windows 10: Quick Access dropdown items disappeared

Discus and support Quick Access dropdown items disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I finally gave up trying various solutions suggested by strangers on the internet and instead ask about my specific problem. I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Def8er, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Def8er Win User

Quick Access dropdown items disappeared

Hello everyone,
    I finally gave up trying various solutions suggested by strangers on the internet and instead ask about my specific problem.
    I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary this morning when I noticed that some, but not all, pinned items in my quick access sidebar have disappeared but were still visible in the folder. Reboot didn't fix that and then I lost a restore point by creating a custom one (apparently I can have only one restore point...).

Then I checked my registry for IsShortcut which was present, so I deleted it and made it again, still nothing.
    Then I followed some advice to clear my jump lists the Win7 way (option 3) and ended up with the Quick Access entirely broken.

I can still see all the pinned items in the quick access folder, but it doesn't expand in the sidebar. The arrow right next to the icon is present till I click on it. Then it just disappears.

I am open to any ideas at this point. I use quick access a lot but I'd prefer not to do a factory reset for that. Oh why isn't there a registry/permissions fix tool for Win...
    Thank you everyone

Solved: the problem fixed itself after a bunch of random logouts, shutdowns and reboots, sorry to disappoint those with similar issues. Oh and I also removed all the contents of the Quick Access folder and after a few reboots pinned a single library (documents iirc) back

:)

Def8er, Aug 23, 2015

2. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Max icons in Quick Access is only 16?

Why is the maximum number of icons I can pin to the Quick Access folder only 16? As soon as I pin a 17th, the 16th item in the folder disappears and I lose the ability to rearrange icons in the Quick Access bar to the left.

Dullahan8(2), Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Quick Access dropdown items disappeared

1. Quick Access dropdown items disappeared - Similar Threads - Quick Access dropdown

2. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  3. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  4. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  5. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  6. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  7. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  8. Quick Access Disappears...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Disappears...: When opening a folder/file in File Explorer from the Quick Access items, File Explorer sometimes, but not always will open up the tree under "This PC". This often takes me to sub-sub-sub-folders of the Quick Access item, and because the tree is so large, my Quick Access...
  9. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  10. Hide Quick Access Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Quick Access Items: Hi, Using this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "HubMode"=dword:00000001 I hide Quick Access from Navigation Pane Is that possible to hide single items from inside Quick Access without hiding the whole thing via registry only? [img]...