Windows 10: Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree

Discus and support Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Need to get it back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jenne Kekoolani, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree

Need to get it back.

:)

Jenne Kekoolani, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Def8er Win User

Quick Access dropdown items disappeared

Hello everyone,
    I finally gave up trying various solutions suggested by strangers on the internet and instead ask about my specific problem.
    I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary this morning when I noticed that some, but not all, pinned items in my quick access sidebar have disappeared but were still visible in the folder. Reboot didn't fix that and then I lost a restore point by creating a custom one (apparently I can have only one restore point...).

Then I checked my registry for IsShortcut which was present, so I deleted it and made it again, still nothing.
    Then I followed some advice to clear my jump lists the Win7 way (option 3) and ended up with the Quick Access entirely broken.

I can still see all the pinned items in the quick access folder, but it doesn't expand in the sidebar. The arrow right next to the icon is present till I click on it. Then it just disappears.

I am open to any ideas at this point. I use quick access a lot but I'd prefer not to do a factory reset for that. Oh why isn't there a registry/permissions fix tool for Win...
    Thank you everyone

Solved: the problem fixed itself after a bunch of random logouts, shutdowns and reboots, sorry to disappoint those with similar issues. Oh and I also removed all the contents of the Quick Access folder and after a few reboots pinned a single library (documents iirc) back

Def8er, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree

1. Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree - Similar Threads - Quick Access folder

2. Quick access folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  3. Quick access folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  4. Quick Access has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access has disappeared: Just went to save a file and the 'Quick Access' option in the save dialogue has disappeared. I ran a scan using an elevated command prompt sfc / scannow and this came up clean. Attempting to add items to 'Add to Quick Access' via the context menu doesn't do anything. Thanks...
  5. Quick Access has disappeared

Quick Access has disappeared: Just went to save a file and the 'Quick Access' option in the save dialogue has disappeared. I ran a scan using an elevated command prompt sfc / scannow and this came up clean. Attempting to add items to 'Add to Quick Access' via the context menu doesn't do anything. Thanks...
  6. tree missing from quick access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    tree missing from quick access: Hi all, Okay, I just got a new laptop for Christmas, and am working on getting it set up. Configuration wise, I think it's pretty much there, but I can't seem to access my data. I'm having two seemingly related issues: 1. On my old laptop, I made frequent use of the tree that...
  7. tree missing from quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tree missing from quick access: Hi all, Okay, I just got a new laptop for Christmas, and am working on getting it set up. Configuration wise, I think it's pretty much there, but I can't seem to access my data. I'm having two seemingly related issues: 1. On my old laptop, I made frequent use of the tree that...
  8. tree missing from quick access

9. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  10. Quick Access Sidebar Limit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Sidebar Limit: I was wondering if it is possible to limit the number of folders that show up under "Quick Access" in the Explorer sidebar? Most of the time I don't need access to frequent folders, so it would be nice to limit this to my "favorites". Currently, I have "Show frequently used...