Windows 10: quick access folder having not same name as actual folder

Discus and support quick access folder having not same name as actual folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i was messing around with quick access folders changing locations but now its stuck on a name which is not the same as the actual folder, but i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darren_wl03, Nov 5, 2019.

1. quick access folder having not same name as actual folder

i was messing around with quick access folders changing locations but now its stuck on a name which is not the same as the actual folder, but i cant change the name of a quick access folder. is there a way to fix this?

submitted by /u/Darren_wl03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darren_wl03, Nov 5, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Quick Access: Folder Name Change

I work for an institution that will not allow us to change folder names on our network drives. We use a standard format/naming contention for naming folders in the file pathways for each project. We just switched over to Windows 10 and now I see that my
    Favorites in File Explorer has been replaced by Quick Access. Because our folder organization/naming convention is standardized to let people find files on our network drive easily there are dozens of folders with the same name in each pathway for different
    projects.

For example:

Project A/Procurement/Contracts/2018

Project B/Procurement/Contracts/2018

Project C/Procurement/Contracts/2018

Project D/Procurement/Contracts/2018

If I drag the 2018 folder over for each of the four projects (A-D) into Quick Access they all appear with the same name, 2018. With Favorites I could rename the favorite without renaming the actual folder (which we are not authorized to do to prevent confusion
    among dozens of employees that access the multiple shared folders).

Is there a way to rename the Quick Access folder names in a manner like Favorites used to do that I am not seeing? If not then Quick Access is worthless to me and anyone else that works for a large organization that cannot rename folders in their network.

Thank you.

MikeMontana70, Nov 5, 2019
  4. quick access folder having not same name as actual folder

Adding shortcuts to File Explorer Quick Access OR customizing name of pinned folders in Quick Access

Just got upgraded to Win10 PRO from Win7 PRO at work. I work for an Architect where there are multiple projects where primary folder is unique, and there is a subfolder I need to open up within each projects. The subfolder for each project is labelled 'Specs'.
    In Windows 7 I could create a shortcut to each 'Specs' folder, and then customize the name for the shortcut, and drag it into Favorites (now called Quick Access in Windows 10) in File Explorer. I have to access the files in these folders on and off over the
    course of many months. Not always every one on every day. I'm not sure the 'Pick up where you left off' feature is going to be very useful as a workaround.

In Windows 10 dragging a shortcut into Quick access is not allowed. WHY ON EARTH WAS THIS FEATURE REMOVED?

If I try to use the Pin to Quick access feature, I end up with 12 folders that are all labelled 'Specs', and there is no opportunity to create an alias for the folder name. If I go into the Properties for these pinned items it will rename the actual folder
    name, which is NOT good, as we are a department of 50 employees and the folder name 'Specs' must remain as is within each folder structure. If I could create an Alias for each entry in the Quick access list that only applies to my view, that would be an acceptable
    alternative to not being able to use shortcuts in Quick access.

I am really surprised and disheartened that Microsoft has removed a really useful feature! Any suggestions appreciated.

CR Vandecar, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

quick access folder having not same name as actual folder

1. quick access folder having not same name as actual folder - Similar Threads - quick access folder

2. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  3. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  4. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  5. Folders with the same name

6. Quick Access linking folders to same location

Quick Access linking folders to same location: I've been trying to edit my quick access folders and somewhere along the lines I've made a mistake. Now the downloads and documents folders are all linking to one location.To make matters even more confusing. I have my user profile on another HDD so I need to link it to that...
  7. Quick Access linking folders to same location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access linking folders to same location: I've been trying to edit my quick access folders and somewhere along the lines I've made a mistake. Now the downloads and documents folders are all linking to one location.To make matters even more confusing. I have my user profile on another HDD so I need to link it to that...
  8. Quick Access linking folders to same location

9. Two folders of the same name in the same folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Two folders of the same name in the same folder: Hi All, Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this. By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two subfolders which are of exactly the same name, though their date stamps are different. It must have come about when I mass...
  10. Having problems with folders in quick access

Having problems with folders in quick access: Whenever I right-click on a folder in the quick access pane, all open folders close right after the machine lags a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problems-with-folders-in-quick-access/a0d55143-cecd-4830-8070-3847ee992080"