Windows 10: Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed

Discus and support Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Clicking the File Explorer to get to the Quick Access screen, "Recent folders" is in a separate pane at the top and "recent files" is at the bottom.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomRiverstone, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed

Clicking the File Explorer to get to the Quick Access screen, "Recent folders" is in a separate pane at the top and "recent files" is at the bottom. This is how I want my Quick Access folder to look all the time.

However, when I go to other folders on my computer and want to sort those folders to "date" or "size" or "type", it also changes the Quick Access so the Recent Files and Folders are no longer separated by a line with the Folders above the Files below.

A google search came up with multiple tips, but nothing specific. I imagine there's a random checkbox buried somewhere I don't know about that would solve this issue.

Any help would be grateful! Thanks

:)

TomRiverstone, Aug 10, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Aug 10, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

I swear i saw this somewhere

It's not what you think, tools > folder options > view.
    That's for existing folders only , i need to change the default view setting for when you create a new folder !

I already applied the Win7 Full Row Mod

RuskiSnajper, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed

1. Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed - Similar Threads - Quick Access folder

2. Change Folder View For One Specific Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Folder View For One Specific Folder: Is there a way to globally set the contents of a folder to Tiles for only one specific folder? By default, everything already lists in Details view, which is the preferred view. However, there is one obscure folder that is being requested to be changed to Tiles view when it...
  3. Change Folder View For One Specific Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Folder View For One Specific Folder: Is there a way to globally set the contents of a folder to Tiles for only one specific folder? By default, everything already lists in Details view, which is the preferred view. However, there is one obscure folder that is being requested to be changed to Tiles view when it...
  4. Change Folder View For One Specific Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. folders view changes by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folders view changes by itself.: I have a lot of photos stored on my computer and am trying to set the folders view to large icon so I can view the photos easily. However, much of the time when I go back to the folders they have reverted to list view. I reset the view and the same thing happens. I have tried...
  6. folders view changes by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folders view changes by itself.: I have a lot of photos stored on my computer and am trying to set the folders view to large icon so I can view the photos easily. However, much of the time when I go back to the folders they have reverted to list view. I reset the view and the same thing happens. I have tried...
  7. Change folder view options

Change folder view options: Hi. I want to permanently change the folder view options but what I want to do isn't available under the "Options" & "View" dialogue box. I would like to have the following columns in all my folders every time I open them: Name - Date Modified - Size - Path. That's all. The...
  8. Issues with incorrect Quick access view or home user folder view ever changing or looking...

Issues with incorrect Quick access view or home user folder view ever changing or looking...: The issues Quick access view looks wrong, without standard Frequent folders on top ofRecent files list. This can happen repeatedly many times a day, doesn't matter how many times you try to reset folders view. Another similar issue is user home folder that won't keep its...
  9. Folder view has changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder view has changed: Winver 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) My folder view suddenly changed as per the attached. How do I get it back to normal? I went into file explorer>options>reset but nothing changed. 157508
  10. Changing Folder Views To Stick

Changing Folder Views To Stick: Often I go to a folder and have to change the View, View>Large Icons. can I make all folders always open to Large Icons?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-views-to-stick/c9ad4a1e-7874-45f7-b8d7-5cf1897c58fe