Windows 10: Quick access folder

Discus and support Quick access folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Thanos92 Win User

Quick access folder

Hello guys..

When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC''

How can i disable this ? Thanks

Quick access folder [​IMG]

:)

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016

2. Why does My Win 10 have three Desktop folders?

Hi,

Let me explain you the feature of Quick access.

The Quick access view provides access to frequently used folders and recently used files. It was previously called “Favorites” in the previous windows version.

This feature provides a way to navigate the local file structure and then drag a folder you accessed regularly to the Quick Access area for easy, quick access. i.e., if you access a particular folder in your hard drive frequently you can pin it to
    the quick access section. It just acts as a shortcut to your folders.

As I mentioned in my previous post you can pin/unpin the folders from the Quick access section.

To pin a folder to, right click on the folder and select “Pin to Quick access”.

To unpin a folder, right click on the folder shortcut present in the quick access and select “Unpin from Quick access”.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Disable "Quick Access"

To disable Quick Access without breaking drag-drop support, try the edit here:

How To Remove Quick Access, Folders (6) And Other Shell Folders From File Explorer?:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/remove-quick-access-other-shell-folders-file-explorer/

Note that this disables Quick Access functionality, but the Quick Access star icon would be still present, but dimmed and non-expandable. My edit sets the quick access shell folder DWORD to 88000.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 15, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Quick access folder

Hi. Go to settings app. type in "explorer" and select file explorer options.

A dialog appears and you can change the settings there. You can also tell explorer what to open such as ThisPC or QuickAccess. You can also disable recent files.

swarfega, Sep 15, 2016
  5. Thanos92 Win User
    Can u tell me please what need to select or disable?

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    In the drop down select ThisPC. In Privacy untick the two boxes.

swarfega, Sep 15, 2016
  7. Thanos92 Win User
    YES...Work perfect...

Thank you mate for your reply..*Biggrin

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016
  8. Thanos92 Win User

Quick access folder

Not work for me

This options right?

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016
  9. I'm not sure if you're asking how to remove the two references to the same folder or how to stop expanding the folder when it's opened.

To remove personal folders from the navigation pane and the main pane of File Explorer, see:
    This PC 'Folders' - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    You could also simply right click the folder in Quick Access and select remove from the list - leaving only one reference under This PC

To stop expanding the current folder
    Right click an open area of the navigation pane
    De-select Expand to current folder

Slartybart, Sep 15, 2016
  10. Thanos92 Win User
    Download this

2. To Remove All Default User Folders in This PC

and work perfect.

Thanks mate.

Thanos92, Sep 15, 2016
  11. You're welcome, glad you got it sorted.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Quick access folder

1. Quick access folder - Similar Threads - Quick access folder

2. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  3. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  4. Quick access to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access to folders: Good day everyone, Please accept my apologies in advance if this topic have already been discussed in the forum. I couldn't find anything to help me, so I I thought to ask. I am looking for a simple solution where a folders can be access quickly. I am not talking for a...
  5. Quick Access Folder Count

Quick Access Folder Count: One of the engineers likes to use the Quick Access to save all the projects he is working on at a time he has reach the 50 folder mark and can't add anymore Quick Access Folders. I found a post that stated that no more that 50 Quick Access folders in the Navigation Pane...
  6. Quick Access folder

Quick Access folder: My Quick Saver folder is displaying all my files on the startup screen. How do I get my screensaver I chose back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folder/4a800131-3fc0-4aaf-8d3b-6a388311ddc0"
  7. Quick Access folders missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access folders missing: I don't know what I did while tweaking, but somehow I found that my Quick Access' folders (pinned and recent) have become missing! I can't do a system restore, so can anyone provide the default registry settings for Quick Access? [img] I only know they were there as...
  8. Quick Access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folders: Right now Quick Access will show the real folder name once the folder is added. One might have multiple folders with an identical name but on different locations on the drive, e.g. x:\PDF\MyName x:\XLS\MyName x:\Doc\MyName Is there no way to provide these a kind of...
  9. Quick access missing folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access missing folders?: In file explorer I just noticed today that there is no music and videos folder in quick access. Is something wrong or did ms remove them. Henry 67726
  10. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...