Windows 10: Quick Access frequently blocks portion of screen

Discus and support Quick Access frequently blocks portion of screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I stop Quick Access from frequently blocking a portion of the screen until I cancel the action?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RonaldLeaverKU, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Quick Access frequently blocks portion of screen

How do I stop Quick Access from frequently blocking a portion of the screen until I cancel the action?

:)

RonaldLeaverKU, Aug 10, 2018

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 10, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Quick Access frequently blocks portion of screen

Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10  

I think you may have misinterpreted question. If you unpin everything, the frequents folder listing on right hand panel screen disappears. However if you pin something it comes back.

I want to be able to pin folders but not have the frequents folder listing reappearing. I know I can collapse frequent folder listing.

I really see no point of it when I have folders pinned on left hand panel.

cereberus, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Quick Access frequently blocks portion of screen

1. Quick Access frequently blocks portion of screen - Similar Threads - Quick Access frequently

2. Black portion on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black portion on screen: Recently I watching a video on youtube.then suddenly my screen turned black as if the my laptop got hanged when it repears it was a black rectangular portion on my screen.All the buttons behind the screen were still functional but I was not able to look at them.I was also...
  3. Black portion on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black portion on screen: Recently I watching a video on youtube.then suddenly my screen turned black as if the my laptop got hanged when it repears it was a black rectangular portion on my screen.All the buttons behind the screen were still functional but I was not able to look at them.I was also...
  4. Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access: Until recently, I could just drag folders up and down to reorder them - now when I try to do so I only get the option to copy them to other folders and it's impossible to move them around on the Quick Access screen. To the best of my knowledge, I didn't change any settings or...
  5. Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access: Until recently, I could just drag folders up and down to reorder them - now when I try to do so I only get the option to copy them to other folders and it's impossible to move them around on the Quick Access screen. To the best of my knowledge, I didn't change any settings or...
  6. Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Explorer & Quick access showing recent not frequent folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer & Quick access showing recent not frequent folders: So i've spent a loooooong portion of my windows tenure with jumplists & recents turned off. no use for them. decided to give them a try and finding some functionality broken/not working. I can get both quick access and the taskbar jumplist to populate with recents but...
  8. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  9. Non-pinned frequent folders not showing up in Quick Access

Non-pinned frequent folders not showing up in Quick Access: Normally in Windows 10, frequently-viewed folders will show up under the pinned ones in Quick Access, like this not actually my PC, just an example [ATTACH] Mine, on the other hand, is missing the frequently used folders from both the pane and the full view. Like this...
  10. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...