Windows 10: quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer

Discus and support quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello My frequently used folders/quick access used to be visible no matter where I was in File Explorer - any and all subfolders. Now it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinB1_207, Jul 16, 2020.

1. quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer

Hello

My frequently used folders/quick access used to be visible no matter where I was in File Explorer - any and all subfolders. Now it has disappeared, not sure what I did if anything. I have gotten it to re-appear upon opening File Explorer for the first time but then whenever start navigating through my subfolders on my desktop it disappears and I don't know how to get it back. Can anyone help? Thanks!

:)

KevinB1_207, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 16, 2020
  3. File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer

1. quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer - Similar Threads - quick access frequently

2. The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared....: The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared. Please repair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-quick-access-menu-has-disappeared-from-file/a4adb2fb-6cb7-4d81-af30-6c9680b13863
  3. The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared....: The quick access menu has disappeared from file explorer. Setting has also disappeared. Please repair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-quick-access-menu-has-disappeared-from-file/a4adb2fb-6cb7-4d81-af30-6c9680b13863
  4. Quick access folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  5. Quick access folder has disappeared

Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  6. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  7. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  8. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  9. Explorer & Quick access showing recent not frequent folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer & Quick access showing recent not frequent folders: So i've spent a loooooong portion of my windows tenure with jumplists & recents turned off. no use for them. decided to give them a try and finding some functionality broken/not working. I can get both quick access and the taskbar jumplist to populate with recents but...
  10. Folder Option - "Show frequently used folders in Quick access" - has no effect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Option - "Show frequently used folders in Quick access" - has no effect.: This is either something that is just confusing me or it may be a Windows bug. The screenshot below is Windows Explorer, "quick access", shell:::{679F85CB-0220-4080-B29B-5540CC05AAB6} when "Frequent folders" is separated. The way I understand it: the "Folder Options" dialog...