Windows 10: quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer

Discus and support quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello My frequently used folders/quick access used to be visible no matter where I was in File Explorer - any and all subfolders. Now it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinB1_207, Jul 16, 2020.

1. quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer

Hello

My frequently used folders/quick access used to be visible no matter where I was in File Explorer - any and all subfolders. Now it has disappeared, not sure what I did if anything. I have gotten it to re-appear upon opening File Explorer for the first time but then whenever start navigating through my subfolders on my desktop it disappears and I don't know how to get it back. Can anyone help? Thanks!

:)

KevinB1_207, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 16, 2020
  3. File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer

1. quick access / frequently used folders has disappeared except when I open File Explorer - Similar Threads - quick access frequently

2. Open file explorer with quick access blank page

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file explorer with quick access blank page: I got a blank page when I open explorer which is set to open on quick access see screenshot 155878
  3. Quick Access Disappears...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Disappears...: When opening a folder/file in File Explorer from the Quick Access items, File Explorer sometimes, but not always will open up the tree under "This PC". This often takes me to sub-sub-sub-folders of the Quick Access item, and because the tree is so large, my Quick Access...
  4. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...
  5. Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access folder has disappeared from sidebar tree: Need to get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folder-has-disappeared-from-sidebar/1362ebd2-d524-4a21-a892-8c36f9540511
  6. Quick access has disappeared completely.

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access has disappeared completely.: Hey Guys, I've reinstalled my whole computer few weeks ago and was running one of the batch windows 10 un-necessary tweaks remover tools... And my quick access was also gone. Could you please help me to understand how to solve it? It is enabled in explorer settings so i'm...
  7. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  8. Win 10 Quick Access mixes frequent folders and recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Quick Access mixes frequent folders and recent files: Hello, I've learned to like the "Quick Access" feature of Win 10. Recently it has shown a strange trait. That is, instead of listing my "frequent folders" in a list in a pane at the top of the window and "recent files" in a pane at the bottom at the bottom of the window...
  9. File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..: So File Explorer Quick Access shows Recent Folders, because I pinned it to be there: [img] But, when you go to "Save as" dialog box, Recent Folders inexplicably disappears from Quick Access: [img] Why is that? How can I fix it so that "Save as" and "Open" show...
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...