Windows 10: Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop

Discus and support Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop?? I have to clear Edge's browser data and then restart Explorer to remove it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JamesJoey, Sep 26, 2016.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop

Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop??

I have to clear Edge's browser data and then restart Explorer to remove it.

James

:)

JamesJoey, Sep 26, 2016
  2. JamesJoey Win User

Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop

Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop??

The problem I have to clear Edge's browser data to delete it.

James

JamesJoey, Sep 26, 2016
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Quick Access Icon Gets Created on My Desktop After Installing Third Party Software

After installing third part software, an desktop icon appears on my desktop with no way to delete it unless I uninstall the software.

So far this occurs with Chrome (which I posted about this a week ago and haven't gotten a response, surprise) and Movies Collector.

I would mind so much but there is no way to delete it. There is no delete option in the right click menu.

Any ideas?

James

JamesJoey, Sep 26, 2016
Thema:

Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop

1. Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop - Similar Threads - Quick Access Icon

2. Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access: Hi, for a couple of days I can no longer see the desktop icon correctly in quick access. What I see is a new folder icon and I haven't been able to change it. I tried removing and re-adding "Desktop" to quick access, but that didn't work. Also if I try to create a shortcut...
  3. Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access: Hi, for a couple of days I can no longer see the desktop icon correctly in quick access. What I see is a new folder icon and I haven't been able to change it. I tried removing and re-adding "Desktop" to quick access, but that didn't work. Also if I try to create a shortcut...
  4. Quick Access Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Desktop: Hello, everyone I just reinstalled windows onto my computer and when I click the quick access desktop from file explorer, none of the shortcuts and folders on my desktop show up. How would I fix this. Thanks in advance....
  5. My Quick Access Tab keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Quick Access Tab keeps resetting: My Quick Access Tab keeps getting resetted. I tried everything, I tried multiple solutions but none of them worked. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-quick-access-tab-keeps-resetting/e3d56656-bd3c-4d73-9dad-eedc0838de86
  6. Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back: As in the title already mentioned, the desktop icon from Qucik Access constantly keeps coming back. I already followed the regestry changes which every guide points out, but sometimes if I restart the explorer in the task manager or start a game the desktop icon keeps coming...
  7. Quick access icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick access icons: [ATTACH] Is there a way of having the same icons for the files like download, music, etc on my SSD (since it's where windows is instaled) on the same files that I created on my HDD? I'm searching but can't find them, and when I find identical ones they don't change on the...
  8. How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons: hi there, i want to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons, i have looked over the internet but didnt able to make it work on W10... there's was one app with many more features including this one but it was very costly... so, im looking for a free...
  9. How to Remove the Blue "Quick access" Icon from the Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Remove the Blue "Quick access" Icon from the Desktop: In Windows 10, how do I permanently remove the 'Quick access' icon from my desktop? Here's what it looks like on my desktop: [img] Hopefully the following additional details will make it easier for someone to answer my question: I'm not asking how to remove the...
  10. Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop: I disabled Quick Access via WinAero and now there's a stupid "shortcut" to it I can't delete on my desktop. How do I get rid of it? 70120