Windows 10: Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop

Discus and support Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop?? I have to clear Edge's browser data and then restart Explorer to remove it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JamesJoey, Sep 26, 2016.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop

Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop??

I have to clear Edge's browser data and then restart Explorer to remove it.

James

:)

JamesJoey, Sep 26, 2016
  2. JamesJoey Win User

Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop

Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop??

The problem I have to clear Edge's browser data to delete it.

James

JamesJoey, Sep 26, 2016
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Quick Access Icon Gets Created on My Desktop After Installing Third Party Software

After installing third part software, an desktop icon appears on my desktop with no way to delete it unless I uninstall the software.

So far this occurs with Chrome (which I posted about this a week ago and haven't gotten a response, surprise) and Movies Collector.

I would mind so much but there is no way to delete it. There is no delete option in the right click menu.

Any ideas?

James

JamesJoey, Sep 26, 2016
Thema:

Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop

1. Quick Access Icon Keeps Getting Created on my Desktop - Similar Threads - Quick Access Icon

2. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons keep appearing on my Desktop: Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would appear on my desktop. The main culprit being Hotspot Shield VPN. I've deleted these icons several times and they still keep...
  3. Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access: I have a brand new PC with Windows 10 pro (17763). I can pin Desktop to Quick Access but I cannot drag and drop it to reorder it. I can drag and drop every other items in the list one by one (Documents, Downloads and some folders) to move Desktop all the way to the top....
  4. Quick access folder icon not updating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access folder icon not updating: Hello! So I'm having a small issue currently with Quick Access. When I'm pinning my Pictures folder in quick access, it displays the default Downloads icon instead of the Pictures one. I indeed changed my icon to the default Pictures one and it shows it in my user folder. But...
  5. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  6. Create desktop icon for Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    Create desktop icon for Mail: Wife would like a desktop icon for Mail but it isn't obvious how to do it. I know it can be done as I have one on my own box but can't remember how I did it or find the web post I must have used at the time. There is a well publicised method which opens Mail at a new message...
  7. How to Remove the Blue "Quick access" Icon from the Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Remove the Blue "Quick access" Icon from the Desktop: In Windows 10, how do I permanently remove the 'Quick access' icon from my desktop? Here's what it looks like on my desktop: [img] Hopefully the following additional details will make it easier for someone to answer my question: I'm not asking how to remove the...
  8. Quick Access - lost desktop as a location

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access - lost desktop as a location: I seem to have lost Desktop as a print to and Quick Access location. *Confused Seemed to coincide with this past Tuesday's update (3/1/16). Also lost Desktop as a print to location. Went though a google search and I cant seem to get it back. Appreciate all thoughts,...
  9. Creating Quick Access link to shell:desktop in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating Quick Access link to shell:desktop in Explorer: Hi all, It appears that when browsing to the desktop via the 'Desktop' Quick Access link in File Explorer, you don't see icons like This PC, Recycle Bin, etc. From reading another thread, I've learned that you'll only see those icons when browsing to shell:desktop. I...
  10. Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stupid "Quick Access" shortcut on my desktop: I disabled Quick Access via WinAero and now there's a stupid "shortcut" to it I can't delete on my desktop. How do I get rid of it? 70120