Windows 10: Quick Access Icons Mixed Up Help

Discus and support Quick Access Icons Mixed Up Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was using one of those Windows 10 tweaking programs now my Quick Access icons are all mixed up. Anyone know how to fix? 23168 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MajorTom, Sep 18, 2015.

1. MajorTom Win User

Quick Access Icons Mixed Up Help

Was using one of those Windows 10 tweaking programs now my Quick Access icons are all mixed up.
    Anyone know how to fix?

:)

MajorTom, Sep 18, 2015

2. Quick Access Disabled in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Please share the detail.

1. How are you trying to pin the folder to quick access?
    2.Did you try double clicking the quick access icon on left pane and check if you can view the pined items?

There are two methods to pin the folder to quick access.

Method 1: you can select the folder and drag it to the quick access icon and drop it.

Method 2: You can expand the quick access icon and select the option pin it to quick access.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Sebiswag Win User
    Desktop

Well it works quite well, the icons are smaller and I liked it.

But after every start up, the icons get mixed up! It's a totaly mess...

So it doesn't help...

Sebiswag, Sep 18, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Quick Access Icons Mixed Up Help - Similar Threads - Quick Access Icons

2. Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access: Hi, for a couple of days I can no longer see the desktop icon correctly in quick access. What I see is a new folder icon and I haven't been able to change it. I tried removing and re-adding "Desktop" to quick access, but that didn't work. Also if I try to create a shortcut...
  3. Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Desktop icon in Quick Access: Hi, for a couple of days I can no longer see the desktop icon correctly in quick access. What I see is a new folder icon and I haven't been able to change it. I tried removing and re-adding "Desktop" to quick access, but that didn't work. Also if I try to create a shortcut...
  4. Quick access icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick access icons: [ATTACH] Is there a way of having the same icons for the files like download, music, etc on my SSD (since it's where windows is instaled) on the same files that I created on my HDD? I'm searching but can't find them, and when I find identical ones they don't change on the...
  5. How to remove these quick access icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove these quick access icons?: I've been googling about this and I've found nothing to fix this problem. I don't know how to remove these icons. The one I found on google was just to remove the icons above This PC, not below it. Really appreciate if someone can help me out to get rid of this bug....
  6. File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro vers 1909 on a new build. This is my first experience with Win10. I'm not sure what icons are supposed to be in Quick Access. But I have 3 yellow folders that correspond to drivers that I installed, in addition to 5 icons which appear...
  7. Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access: I am using Windows 10 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on a new computer that has a SSD where I have installed my programs - C and a HDD D where I store my data. I have pinned two folders Documents and a folder that is within Dropbox that syncs to my HDD to my Quick Access menu. They...
  8. Quick access folder icon not updating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access folder icon not updating: Hello! So I'm having a small issue currently with Quick Access. When I'm pinning my Pictures folder in quick access, it displays the default Downloads icon instead of the Pictures one. I indeed changed my icon to the default Pictures one and it shows it in my user folder. But...
  9. Win 10 Quick Access mixes frequent folders and recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Quick Access mixes frequent folders and recent files: Hello, I've learned to like the "Quick Access" feature of Win 10. Recently it has shown a strange trait. That is, instead of listing my "frequent folders" in a list in a pane at the top of the window and "recent files" in a pane at the bottom at the bottom of the window...
  10. Quick Access help

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access help: I can't link a shortcut of my user folder to Quick Access. It only links the direct folder which has a silly name (created by the first five letters of my email address), and it's just so stupid to look at. I want Quick Access to refer to the shortcut as the 'User'...