Windows 10: Quick Access in File Explorer

Discus and support Quick Access in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lisa Keeling, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Quick Access in File Explorer

For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me that answer no matter what I try to pin. I do not get an option to unpin anything. I have tried all of the suggested fixes from deleting the history and deleting it in the registry to turning it on and off in Options to try to reset it. There is no change.When I log on as administrator to my computer, the Quick Acc

:)

Lisa Keeling, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 12, 2021
  3. File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Suman_B Win User

Quick Access in File Explorer

In File Explorer Quick Access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. What exactly do you mean by “old firefox”?

Quick Access is basically showing you folders that you frequently used, and showing you files that you’ve recently accessed.

If you want to clear the files from file history, you can right click on the file and click on 'Remove from Quick Access"

I suggest you refer the below steps to clear file history.

1. Click Start and type: file explorer options and hit Enter or click the option at the top of the search results.
    2. Now in the Privacy section make sure both boxes are checked for recently used files and folder in Quick Access and click the Clear button.

Cookies
    are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or your login status, refer this article on
    Enable and disable cookies.

Refer this article on Disabling third-party cookies in Firefox.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

Quick Access in File Explorer

1. Quick Access in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Quick Access File

2. no quick access in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no quick access in my file explorer: there is no quick access on left side https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-quick-access-in-my-file-explorer/4e3be6da-128a-4d77-8fd0-c3b974eaca78
  3. no quick access in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no quick access in my file explorer: there is no quick access on left side https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-quick-access-in-my-file-explorer/4e3be6da-128a-4d77-8fd0-c3b974eaca78
  4. File Explorer Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  5. File explorer and quick access query

File explorer and quick access query: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user with all updates up-to-date. Recently, my File explorer icons look like a page with the corner turned over - no normal file image and at the same time the quick access search never finishes?...
  6. File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro vers 1909 on a new build. This is my first experience with Win10. I'm not sure what icons are supposed to be in Quick Access. But I have 3 yellow folders that correspond to drivers that I installed, in addition to 5 icons which appear...
  7. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  8. Quick access missing in file explorer.

Quick access missing in file explorer.: Cant get quick access to come up and not sure why [ATTACH] any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-missing-in-file-explorer/595eabd2-5403-42e8-b335-cfb9dc75b289"
  9. Quick Access Column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Column in File Explorer: How can I change the width of the Quick Access column in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quick-access-column-in-file-explorer/eb2c6ef5-6b89-480a-af0b-7c4f879a5695
  10. Issues with quick access and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with quick access and file explorer: Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything. In addition, all pinned items in the menu that appears when you right click on the file explorer disappeared as well. I am attaching images to clarify the...