Windows 10: Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...

Discus and support Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I don't see documents, pictures, desktop pinned to quick access in windows 10 and I am not able to add any folders to quick access and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnuDA, Nov 30, 2018.

1. AnuDA Win User

Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...

Hello,

I don't see documents, pictures, desktop pinned to quick access in windows 10 and I am not able to add any folders to quick access and when I try to add I get folder already exits error.

Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to... d3d951b8-9bb3-4231-9e9d-231224a3265f?upload=true.png

If other user logs into the same machine, he/she can see the desktop,documents, downloads etc in quick access and he can also pin folders to quick access.

I tried all troubleshooting steps like

1.resetting quick access in registry

2. deleting recent items in %appdata%

None of them worked. Please help on this issue.

:)

AnuDA, Nov 30, 2018

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 30, 2018
  3. can't pin folder to quick access

I can't pin my folder in the network to quick access folder.

I pin folder A to quick access, then I added folder b, then folder a disappear.

Are there any solutions?

JieunJang1, Nov 30, 2018
  4. t. Siauw Win User

Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...

Cannot Pin Folders in Quick Access

I have also the same problem with Quick Access.

I get the message Unspecified error when trying to pin the current folder to Quick Access

t. Siauw, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to... - Similar Threads - Quick access blank

2. Catastrophic failure error message when pinning folders to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Catastrophic failure error message when pinning folders to Quick Access: Hi all, I use some folders in my quick access quite regularly, but the folders suddenly disappeared from my Quick Access. Now, when I try to pin a folder to my Quick Access I get an error message saying 'catastrophic failure'. I've restarted my laptop which did not help the...
  3. Catastrophic failure error message when pinning folders to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Catastrophic failure error message when pinning folders to Quick Access: Hi all, I use some folders in my quick access quite regularly, but the folders suddenly disappeared from my Quick Access. Now, when I try to pin a folder to my Quick Access I get an error message saying 'catastrophic failure'. I've restarted my laptop which did not help the...
  4. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  5. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  6. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. getting location error when accessing to a pinned network folder in quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    getting location error when accessing to a pinned network folder in quick access: Hi, I keep getting this location error when I tried to access a network folder pinned to quick access. The network folder is mapped to my computer and there is no permission or access issue, i get the error when I tried to export or save a file from an application and...
  8. unable to pin folders to quick access

unable to pin folders to quick access: i can no longer pin to or view folders in my quick access due to the parameter being incorrect. i have found advice that starts with running a command that starts with "del" only to get "windows cannot find del". i do not know how to fix this when del, whatever it is,...
  9. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...
  10. Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...

Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...: Hello, I don't see documents, pictures, desktop pinned to quick access in windows 10 and I am not able to add any folders to quick access and when I try to add I get folder already exits error. [ATTACH] If other user logs into the same machine, he/she can see the...