Windows 10: Quick Access Links Went AWOL

Discus and support Quick Access Links Went AWOL in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know what happened but my quick access links are now missing in windows explorer. I tried just adding them again but nothing happens. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klear6, Nov 15, 2015.

1. klear6 Win User

Quick Access Links Went AWOL

I don't know what happened but my quick access links are now missing in windows explorer. I tried just adding them again but nothing happens. This happened once before and I don't remember how I fixed it, but I know that it is possible. What would cause this so I can avoid doing it again? And how do I get them back? I'm finding this very inconvenient because I use the public folders to store files and navigating to them every time is a pain.

:)

klear6, Nov 15, 2015
  2. awol---01 Win User

N73 Software update woes

@ edwardquan

Thank you very much for the quick reply and the tips.

Things make much more sense now.

Best wishes

AWOL

awol---01, Nov 15, 2015
  3. orapaman Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu

About one day after installing Windows 10 the start menu went AWOL and I cannot find a way to restore it. How do I achieve this?

orapaman, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

Quick Access Links Went AWOL

1. Quick Access Links Went AWOL - Similar Threads - Quick Access Links

2. quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    quick access: When I pull up a quick access, I want to see the pictures in it. Not some icon for how it should be opened. I wanna see the actual picture. I tried all the supposed 'fixes' and nothing works. Can someone pls help me. Am running windows 10 on my laptop.Thanks...
  3. Quick Access

Quick Access: I have completed a part of my university coursework and saved, cannot be sure however assumed it would be in documents somewhere so wasn't too fussed. It was sat in my quick access but I couldn't find it anywhere else or move it to a different folder so I tried to remove from...
  4. Quick access

Quick access: I was not able to remove an Internet Location it's not a folder from Quick Access. When I right-click on that, it showed "Expand" only in the menu, i.e., no "unpinn from Quick Access" option at all. I already unchecked the two options under Privacy within the Folder Options...
  5. Quick Access

Quick Access: Is there a way to force Windows 10 to cause all Open commands in Explorer and Office to always open directly on a pre-chosen folder in Quick Access? I am aware of making the choice in View Options of This PC or Quick Access, but that will not direct to a particular always...
  6. Quick Access links change

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access links change: I liked the Windows 7 "Links" section of the file browser. If you can tell me how to mimic the Links behavior, stop reading and provide that and that would be WONDERFUL -- Much thanks in advance. Otherwise... I am testing multiple versions of a piece of software. The...
  7. Quick access links are not showing after Windows update.

Quick access links are not showing after Windows update.: I have just run a Windows 10 update. Now I find my quick access links all GONE. Something I use daily. Now I have to stop and spend time setting this all back up. Why. Why would you do that? Why in the world would that disappear? So annoying. Will this happen every...
  8. Where are Quick Access links stored?

Where are Quick Access links stored?: I have Windows 10 1803 on my desktop, and the Quick Access shortcuts are stored in my User... Links folder. I just built a new desktop for a client and loaded 1809. Yes - I am showing Hidden Files and Folders. I pinned a few locations to Quick Access, except I messed...
  9. quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    quick access: When I am in windows explorer and enter a folder on a mapped drive. I then click on pin current folder to quick access. It puts the current folder. Lets call it video. Now in the quick access is a folder named video. But if the folder video has a sub folder called temp and I...
  10. Creating Quick Access link to shell:desktop in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating Quick Access link to shell:desktop in Explorer: Hi all, It appears that when browsing to the desktop via the 'Desktop' Quick Access link in File Explorer, you don't see icons like This PC, Recycle Bin, etc. From reading another thread, I've learned that you'll only see those icons when browsing to shell:desktop. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are quick access links stored