Windows 10: Quick Access Links Went AWOL

Discus and support Quick Access Links Went AWOL in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know what happened but my quick access links are now missing in windows explorer. I tried just adding them again but nothing happens. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klear6, Nov 15, 2015.

1. klear6 Win User

Quick Access Links Went AWOL

I don't know what happened but my quick access links are now missing in windows explorer. I tried just adding them again but nothing happens. This happened once before and I don't remember how I fixed it, but I know that it is possible. What would cause this so I can avoid doing it again? And how do I get them back? I'm finding this very inconvenient because I use the public folders to store files and navigating to them every time is a pain.

:)

klear6, Nov 15, 2015
  2. awol---01 Win User

N73 Software update woes

@ edwardquan

Thank you very much for the quick reply and the tips.

Things make much more sense now.

Best wishes

AWOL

awol---01, Nov 15, 2015
  3. orapaman Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu

About one day after installing Windows 10 the start menu went AWOL and I cannot find a way to restore it. How do I achieve this?

orapaman, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

Quick Access Links Went AWOL

1. Quick Access Links Went AWOL - Similar Threads - Quick Access Links

2. Weird Quick Links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Quick Links: On Microsoft Edge, it automatically adds quick links. But it's not normal. Every time I refresh it adds like 10+ more quick links to the bar, and it doesn't stop. The quick links seem to date back to 2 years ago. And every time I open a new tab, it shows 3 websites and my...
  3. Quick Access linking folders to same location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access linking folders to same location: I've been trying to edit my quick access folders and somewhere along the lines I've made a mistake. Now the downloads and documents folders are all linking to one location.To make matters even more confusing. I have my user profile on another HDD so I need to link it to that...
  4. Quick Access linking folders to same location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access linking folders to same location: I've been trying to edit my quick access folders and somewhere along the lines I've made a mistake. Now the downloads and documents folders are all linking to one location.To make matters even more confusing. I have my user profile on another HDD so I need to link it to that...
  5. Quick Access linking folders to same location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Quick Access Disappeared Links

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Disappeared Links: File Explorer Quick Access is missing all of the links I added to it, leaving only the default "desktop" "downloads" documents" and “pictures". I’ve been on hold with MS tech support for two and a half hours. Should I just give up and rebuild it? I’d also been having issues...
  7. Quick Access links change

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access links change: I liked the Windows 7 "Links" section of the file browser. If you can tell me how to mimic the Links behavior, stop reading and provide that and that would be WONDERFUL -- Much thanks in advance. Otherwise... I am testing multiple versions of a piece of software. The...
  8. Quick access links are not showing after Windows update.

Quick access links are not showing after Windows update.: I have just run a Windows 10 update. Now I find my quick access links all GONE. Something I use daily. Now I have to stop and spend time setting this all back up. Why. Why would you do that? Why in the world would that disappear? So annoying. Will this happen every...
  9. Where are Quick Access links stored?

Where are Quick Access links stored?: I have Windows 10 1803 on my desktop, and the Quick Access shortcuts are stored in my User... Links folder. I just built a new desktop for a client and loaded 1809. Yes - I am showing Hidden Files and Folders. I pinned a few locations to Quick Access, except I messed...
  10. Creating Quick Access link to shell:desktop in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating Quick Access link to shell:desktop in Explorer: Hi all, It appears that when browsing to the desktop via the 'Desktop' Quick Access link in File Explorer, you don't see icons like This PC, Recycle Bin, etc. From reading another thread, I've learned that you'll only see those icons when browsing to shell:desktop. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are quick access links stored