Windows 10: Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

Discus and support Quick Access Menu/SharePoint in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by l1willia, Jan 13, 2016.

1. l1willia Win User

Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

From what I've seen online, it's not possible to rename a folder pinned to the Quick Access list without renaming the folder itself. This is posing a challenge for me with respect to setting up SharePoint libraries as "favorites," like I had in Windows 7, because of the way my company set up SharePoint.

Our IT Department told me to add a shortcut instead of a direct link, I'm not finding any info on how to do that. I tried creating a folder, pinning it, then adding a shortcut within that folder, but it doesn't show a list of files in the library, it's literally a shortcut to the library.

My questions are:
    1. Has anybody successfully pinned SharePoint libraries to Quick Access and renamed in that list them without renaming them in SharePoint?

2. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to avoid a list of folders called "Shared."

:)

l1willia, Jan 13, 2016

2. Quick Access Link to Sharepoint folders

In File Explorer/Quick Access, I have a link to our Sharepoint folders. If I click on this link I receive a "You might not have permission to use this network resource." If from within the Quick Access pane, I first click on a Recently Used file located
    in that Sharepoint folder and then click on the folder it opens as it should and I can navigate it.

Is Quick Access unable to apply my credentials as a security feature or is there some setting that I can change to correct this?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Sapp, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Right click not working and file explorer takes ages to open!

Hi alpie_ap

Had the same problem. Seems the problem was a network path to a sharepoint site in my Quick access list of File Explorer that was not accessible.

To resolve the problem, I removed all entries below Quick Access. Probably it would have been sufficient to just remove the problematic Quick access entry to the network path.

Note: If you do not see Quick Access in Explorer, to show it go to View tab, Navigation pane and select Navigation pane.

Best

Stephan

Stephan510, Jan 13, 2016
Thema:

Quick Access Menu/SharePoint

1. Quick Access Menu/SharePoint - Similar Threads - Quick Access Menu

2. Quick Access Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Menu: The quick access menu is supposed to have headings such as "folders" and "recent files" like in the first image. On my computer, they have disappeared. Hey are nice ease of access things i'd like back...
  3. Quick Access Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Menu: The quick access menu is supposed to have headings such as "folders" and "recent files" like in the first image. On my computer, they have disappeared. Hey are nice ease of access things i'd like back...
  4. SharePoint Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint Access: Hello,I am a student at a university. I work with other lab members and a research professor. We share many files together through SharePoint. Recently, the folders I have been able to access previously are locking me out. I have checked with the people who gave me access,...
  5. SharePoint Access

SharePoint Access: Hello,I am a student at a university. I work with other lab members and a research professor. We share many files together through SharePoint. Recently, the folders I have been able to access previously are locking me out. I have checked with the people who gave me access,...
  6. "Quick Access" menu questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Quick Access" menu questions: The quick access folder is a great idea ... to a point ...Just because I am working in or, on a folder doesn't mean I will need to open it again. I am moving music files around and will most likely delete said folder anyway.This isn't happening all the time but, if I have a...
  7. "Quick Access" menu questions

"Quick Access" menu questions: The quick access folder is a great idea ... to a point ...Just because I am working in or, on a folder doesn't mean I will need to open it again. I am moving music files around and will most likely delete said folder anyway.This isn't happening all the time but, if I have a...
  8. Quick access menu problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick access menu problem: Hi, I am trying to remove folders from my quick access (they are not pinned) and whenever I remove one, another appears and it's a never-ending cycle of new files coming in and out. I've tried disabling the "show frequently used folders in quick access" option in my view...
  9. QUICK ACCESS MENU NOT APPEARING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    QUICK ACCESS MENU NOT APPEARING: Hi, my quick access menu is not showing at all, the whole bar is gone. It used to be there, but i restored my pc and it reinstalled fine but now it is gone. I have tried clearing the privacy settings in "folder options" and also tried the commands: -del...
  10. Adding SharePoint folder to Windows Explorer quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding SharePoint folder to Windows Explorer quick access: I've done it once but don't remember how I did it! Somehow I have managed to connect a folder in a SharePoint site to my Windows Explorer so that when I'm looking for a file, it shows up in the list just like Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC and Network. Can someone help me?...